“A good alternative”
Review of Ethan Allen Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Ethan Allen Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 14 October 2012

All the major hotels were booked or overpriced so we decided to give this place a go. It was clean and the staff was friendly. It is close to the airport. I would recommend it to all. It is dated in design but was clean with good beds.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank slickric7714

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I was very pleased with most things about this place. The people who run it are very nice. It is within walking distance of where the Greyhound busses stop (which is at the Burlington Airport). I really like the area that it is in. And from this place, there is a good direct bus service to downtown Burlington.

The only disappointment that I had was with the shower. When I took a shower, the hot water disappeared after about 5 minutes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jd307
Reviewed 14 August 2012

It has been a very hot month. I am acquainted with older motels, so I keep an open mind. But, I did not realize that the sun burning into our room in the afternoon would make the ancient AC take till 4:00 a.m. to finally cool our room. Tell the cleaning staff to not leave curtains open during the day. The bathroom also needs some work.

Room Tip: The only good thing about the room was the pool that went with the motel. There was no coffee maker...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Not my first choice or the fanciest motel I've ever stayed at. I came here because every other place in town was full. Room #34. Two double beds and a small bathroom. TV and Wi-Fi. Quiet and clean. Paid $75.00 plus tax. I'd stay here again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed one night while moving daughter to UVM. Located on the east side of Burlington close to airport; 10 minute ride to downtown. David and staff very friendly and helpful. The motel room was clean and quiet; no smoke issues. Room is sparse, but had comfortable Queen bed, frig, cable TV, phone, AC. Best feature was the 40' outdoor pool (5' max. depth). No meals provided; coffee is in the office. Save your bucks by staying here and eat downtown.

Room Tip: East side rooms available on two stories. West and south side are one level; park right in front of...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank map-reader_man
Reviewed 1 October 2011

For just under 100.00 we got filthy carpets (I hated to take my shoes off). The room smelled dirty and musty. The paint was peeling off the bathtub (yes the bathtub had been painted inside). The bed sagged in the middle and was uncomfortable. The bath towles were the best part of the room. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tina201157385
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed here for a night with a friend. The place is no frills, but perfect for people looking for an inexpensive place to stay near Burlington. It's right on Rt 2, about a 10 minute drive from downtown Burlington. The beds were comfortable. The room was clean (though it smelled a bit musty, but turning the AC on for a bit took care of that). The staff was friendly and accommodating. The key they gave me at first didn't work, so they sent me with a second one and one of the staff came out to make sure it got me in. The cleaning staff was super friendly as well. I didn't get to use the pool, but that was clean, too. If I need an inexpensive place to stay in the Burlington area, this will be my first choice (I've stayed in other cheap chain motels, that I won't name, in the area that were not at all comfortable and not very clean or friendly).

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the 2 story brick building. I hear the rooms are nicer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank RunawayJimPVD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
3 mi away
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Ethan Allen Motel? Share your experiences!