“HOSTILE HOSTILE HOSTILE! AVOID! crazy crazy owner”
Review of G.G.T. Tibet Inn

G.G.T. Tibet Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
“HOSTILE HOSTILE HOSTILE! AVOID! crazy crazy owner”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I recently stayed at this motel with a friend. when I checked in I paid in full with my credit credit card for two nights. after waking up the first morning and leaving around noon to head into town, I get a call from the owner about 10 minutes later saying I need to turn around come right back get all of my things and leave. he told me if I didn't come right then he wouldn't refund me for the second night I had already paid for. so I obviously went back to get my things and tried my key be had already deactivated it. another hassle to go getthe owner to let us in. before he would open the door for me he got in my face yelling that I had friends over and also smoked in the room, neither which are true, he proceeds to cuss me out. very unprofessional. especially to a woman. I go down to the front desk to refund my card which is when he tells me I'm being charged all these extra fees. all while this is going on he is threatening to call the cops on me. still no idea why. I was trying to explain to him I had friends visiting and they were my ride in and out of town, they did not stay over, but he wouldn't allow me to get a word in. very hostile and mean. my two friends came in to try to talk to him when and he just yelled at them to get off his property they were "trespassing." keep in mind he charged me extra for them being on the property and hanging out in my room. so that would mean they were not trespassing. after we left we spent another 2 hours looking for a new hotel for the next night! so crazy! all in all, super inconvenience on our trip, waste of time and verbally abused. not worth the money. I would have rather spent an extra $30 just to not have gone through all this. please avoid and do not give this crazy man your business. I am now dealing with my credit card company to dispute the charge he added to my card.

• Stayed July 2011
10 Thank babyg1437

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Do yourself a favor and stay at one of the other 12 hotels on this road. This place is dirty and the owner is a very hostile man. At one point during our stay we heard him screaming and swearing at another couple who was trying to check out. We thought that maybe this other couple had tried to cheat him. However when it came time for us to check out he tried to charge us extra fees and when we argued with him he got in my friends face (a 26 year old female) and began swearing and pounding his hands against a wall. He was also refusing to give us our receipt and threatened to call the cops on us several times.

The low price of this room is by no means worth dealing with such an unprofessional owner. I would much rather give my money to decent people.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
12 Thank flaggs23
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I found everything was very nice during my stay. I checked for bed bugs, as is my standard practice now at any hotel, and found none. The room was clean and comfortable. I would go back for another stay. The owner was friendly and polite.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2010

A fairly good clean stay, not knowing this area of Vermont I was a little surprised at how busy Shelbourne Road is, turns out its the main north south road in and out of Burlington. The A/C covered any road noise so that was not a problem.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 14 April 2010

My daughter and I were relocating to the Burlington, Vermont area and stayed at the Inn for two months. During that time we were treated with kindness and thoughtfulness. The rates were more than fair for our extended stay, we were always spoken to with respect and genuine friendliness. The rooms were always clean and comfortable. it was a special environment and we did not fail to notice the blessings placed upon the headboards... I do not doubt that the mindful energy of the Owner and the intention of the blessings had something to do with the way we found our new home in Burlington. The Tibet Inn is highly recommended to all!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Alunaj9
Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2009

we discovered the Tibet Inn a number of years ago,and have been back every Year 2-3
times. As senior citizens, slightly spoiled, ex Europaeens,and on a fixed budget, we find
the Tibet Inn gives us good value. It is also clean, and the owner and his family are always friendly,receiving us with a warm welcome. So we don't mind a 3 hour drive when
we feel like going on a weekend or shoppingtrip.
I also feel I have to write this review in defence of Kalsang and his family,I read some of
the reviews here about the Tibet Inn, and was wondering if these people were at the same place we had frequented now for years. There was one who thought they were rude people, another found bedbugs(huge ones),another found the owners dishonest.
We never saw any of this. The owners are hardworking immigrants,and it's not fair to
try to destroy their reputation. Maybe these complainers had nothing better to do, or were
in a bad mood, whatever, there are a few nasty comments about the Inn, and it's undeserved. Ofcourse it's very basic, but then, so is the price. I wish the Tibet Inn will be
there for a long time to come and be spared unreasonable guest.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank canadadag
New England
Reviewed 3 August 2009

This hotel is great! It is very affordable- and you get your money's worth. It is located in a very convenient location, 3 miles from downtown Burlington and there are other attractions near by. The rooms are clean, AC works great, there is a mini-fridge in the room. The towels are white, clean and fresh. Windows open- fresh, air breeze. I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a convenient, friendly, and affordable place to stay. We had great customer service too, very friendly owner. All around- highly recommend to any practical traveler!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,275 reviews

Been to G.G.T. Tibet Inn? Share your experiences!