“Nothing to complain about!”
Review of G.G.T. Tibet Inn

G.G.T. Tibet Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Last weekend was my second time staying at GGT. I was not going to post a review, but seeing how many negative and obviously delusional reviews were added, here is my experience.
Both times I stayed were perfect. The place is clean, well located and the staff & owner are very friendly.
The hotel is obviously not the Ritz so stop complaining.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Nayeli C
There are newer reviews for G.G.T. Tibet Inn

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I don't understand how there are so many negative reviews of this place. I had no issues with the owner at all upon reservation and check-in. If you are here to get a cheap room and don't expect to be treated like the queen of England, then you'll probably be fine. As stated, the decor is a little outdated but the rooms are totally clean and have more amenities than some of the brand-name establishments I have stayed at in the past.

I'm also loving the location, very close to some attractions including 6 mins away from the Burton snowboarding factory/museum (one of the #1 stops on my trip) and the Magic Hat Brewery.

Overall, great room for the price. No complains.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, I would suggest requesting a room on the bottom floor as there is no e...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank vanner1
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The owner treated my family horribly, walked in on my teenage daughter and her (female) friend to "check on the room". He's threatening and calling her (and me) liars. We're staying at Travelodge instead now, but he says he's charging us full price for the room.

Unfortunately, I didn't check Yelp comments (and other places) to see that even though the ratings for the hotel are OK, the comments show that there are many cases of fraud and harassment by the owner.

Room Tip: Best room: in another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I would never recommend anyone staying at this hotel ! No service at all. We treated really badly by someone who is suppose to be nice at the least. They question you why you need extra towels!! We called in advance and they never reserved the room we asked, we had to pay extra to get another one.They never called us back to tell us there was a problem.He does not have a CANCELLATION FEE. The hotel has a weird nasty smell, the pillow are hard as a rock, the room's arn'aren't clean...My boyfriend and I felt unsafe sleeping there, the owner seemed mentally unstable, he intimidated me(girl) when i was trying to talk to him, questioning me and my intelligence.(this was ridiculous). I will never step foot in this hotel again. Sleeping outside seems like a better idea!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank taylor244
Reviewed 27 November 2013

When I travel most of the time my hotel room is just a place that I sleep. That is all. I don't require anything too fancy; but I insist on cleanliness and safety which can be tough to find in a budget stop.

The folks at GGT are very nice and they keep a very neat and organized albeit dated motel. Frankly if it is dated and clean I could care less - this place was VERY clean and was a fraction of the price of most other hotels or motels in this area. I vacillated between 3 and 4 stars but I will tell you next time I am in Burlington I will stay here and have no issue with it at all.

3  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed at G.G.T. Tibet Inn for three days in early November. A good stay. Quiet. Nice to see owner's picture with Dalai Lama and packet of congratulations in room. Clean and unassuming like a monastic retreat. Upon arriving back in Maine we ordered and set on dashboard a prayer wheel such as we saw in motel truck.

ཐུགས་རྗེ་ཆེ་།
(tujay-chay)
ཐུགས་རྗེཞེ་དྲག་ཆེ་།. (Thank you!)

We enjoyed our stay. May others spin your way!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I would never recommend staying at this property... EVER. I can honestly say I have never been treated as badly by anyone that wanted my business.

I called ahead prior to check in to let them know we would be arriving late (9 pm) and that I would want to use another form of payment when we arrived. They never indicated that there was a problem with my reservation or the card that I had used to make it. Instead when we arrived he told me I made a reservation with a "no good card" that had "no money on it" and that I was a "LIAR" - He actually called me a liar, not once but at least two-three times during our brief conversation. I told him that I didn't realize there was a problem with the card but that I had a perfectly good card in my hand and had been prepared to pay for my room but if this is how he treats his customers I would not be staying there and he would not be getting my money - his cancellation fee be damned.

Honestly I was shocked - he seemed to be of the opinion that Americans are liars and cheats and that I had tried to cheat him... really? That's why I called ahead to make sure he knew we were coming.. had even left my phone number at one point in case he wanted to call me back since the first time I called I got an answering machine? My daughter and I did not feel safe staying here at all, even if the confrontation had been resolved. The owner honestly seems mentally unstable. To purposefully intimidate women, including my seventeen year old daughter, is absolutely ridiculous I WILL NEVER STAY there or recommend this place.

9  Thank Mstad59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington

Been to G.G.T. Tibet Inn? Share your experiences!