“Would not recommend”
Review of G.G.T. Tibet Inn

G.G.T. Tibet Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The place was fine, very basic but clean and a good value. However, our interaction with the owner/manager was perhaps the worst experience we have ever had at a hotel, and my wife and I have traveled extensively. The details are unimportant (highlights include him challenging my manhood and yelling at my wife for taking too much ice) but he was obnoxious, rude and demonstrated not even the most basic grasp of how to treat paying customers. Our dealing with the owner all occurred within 30 minutes of arrival and I felt like a jerk staying there after being treated so poorly but we were in town for a wedding and it would have been just to much hassle to search for another place to stay on a busy weekend. Nonetheless, staying here got our getaway weekend off to a sour start.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Boontonite

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Last weekend was my second time staying at GGT. I was not going to post a review, but seeing how many negative and obviously delusional reviews were added, here is my experience.
Both times I stayed were perfect. The place is clean, well located and the staff & owner are very friendly.
The hotel is obviously not the Ritz so stop complaining.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Nayeli C
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I don't understand how there are so many negative reviews of this place. I had no issues with the owner at all upon reservation and check-in. If you are here to get a cheap room and don't expect to be treated like the queen of England, then you'll probably be fine. As stated, the decor is a little outdated but the rooms are totally clean and have more amenities than some of the brand-name establishments I have stayed at in the past.

I'm also loving the location, very close to some attractions including 6 mins away from the Burton snowboarding factory/museum (one of the #1 stops on my trip) and the Magic Hat Brewery.

Overall, great room for the price. No complains.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, I would suggest requesting a room on the bottom floor as there is no e...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank vanner1
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The owner treated my family horribly, walked in on my teenage daughter and her (female) friend to "check on the room". He's threatening and calling her (and me) liars. We're staying at Travelodge instead now, but he says he's charging us full price for the room.

Unfortunately, I didn't check Yelp comments (and other places) to see that even though the ratings for the hotel are OK, the comments show that there are many cases of fraud and harassment by the owner.

Room Tip: Best room: in another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I would never recommend anyone staying at this hotel ! No service at all. We treated really badly by someone who is suppose to be nice at the least. They question you why you need extra towels!! We called in advance and they never reserved the room we asked, we had to pay extra to get another one.They never called us back to tell us there was a problem.He does not have a CANCELLATION FEE. The hotel has a weird nasty smell, the pillow are hard as a rock, the room's arn'aren't clean...My boyfriend and I felt unsafe sleeping there, the owner seemed mentally unstable, he intimidated me(girl) when i was trying to talk to him, questioning me and my intelligence.(this was ridiculous). I will never step foot in this hotel again. Sleeping outside seems like a better idea!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank taylor244
Reviewed 27 November 2013

When I travel most of the time my hotel room is just a place that I sleep. That is all. I don't require anything too fancy; but I insist on cleanliness and safety which can be tough to find in a budget stop.

The folks at GGT are very nice and they keep a very neat and organized albeit dated motel. Frankly if it is dated and clean I could care less - this place was VERY clean and was a fraction of the price of most other hotels or motels in this area. I vacillated between 3 and 4 stars but I will tell you next time I am in Burlington I will stay here and have no issue with it at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed at G.G.T. Tibet Inn for three days in early November. A good stay. Quiet. Nice to see owner's picture with Dalai Lama and packet of congratulations in room. Clean and unassuming like a monastic retreat. Upon arriving back in Maine we ordered and set on dashboard a prayer wheel such as we saw in motel truck.

ཐུགས་རྗེ་ཆེ་།
(tujay-chay)
ཐུགས་རྗེཞེ་དྲག་ཆེ་།. (Thank you!)

We enjoyed our stay. May others spin your way!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to G.G.T. Tibet Inn? Share your experiences!