“clean, comfortable”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Adams, Massachusetts
“clean, comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was very reasonably priced thru Priceline ($70/night) so we tried it, despite some of the reviews. It was clean and comfortable, nothing fancy, just a basic room, someplace to sleep and shower, but that's pretty much all I am looking for in a hotel room. The owner who checked me in was polite, though a bit hard to understand because of his accent.
The room was hot, as some other reviewers complained about, but all I had to do was call the front desk and they turned on the AC from the desk. No problem. There is a small pool, which was very refreshing after a hot day, and something for my kids to do, so that was a bonus.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a basic, reasonably priced room, and next time we are in town I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Robin L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was looking for an inexpensive place with frig and microwave near our car drop off site and airport for one nite. Looking at quite a few this seemed like the best deal $ wise and reviews were ok. Though older building the rooms were adequately furnished and clean. Windows opened if desired otherwise AC unit. Frig and microwave really helped for breakfast day of departure for airport. The owner checked us in and was very interesting to talk to and later read about (materials about hotel in room). We arrived around 3 and were told check in was 3:30 but he checked us in anyway. I saw other reviews saying he was rude, but that was not our experience at all. We had a pleasant conversation and he answered questions, etc. We were on the 2nd floor with stairs as only access (that I was aware of). Would be sure to get first flooor room if problems using stairs or heavy luggage. I would stay again and rec. to others.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor facing road. Noisier but also some view of Lake Champlain.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ellen B
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have to admit after reading other reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect as they were all over the map. We arrived prior to the stated check-in time and were politely told that check in was 3 pm. This was from a 2nd floor window where the owner was cleaning a room. Keep in mind that this is a sole proprietorship. When we returned to check in, the owner was courteous. We found the room to be very clean, with very good air conditioning. The bathroom fixtures appear to be recently updated as well. Based on our experience, we would no hesitate to stay here again. As a matter of fact, we have made reservations for a return trip to the area in AUgust.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris C
Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed there last Sunday night just before the 4th of July week. Went there because the price was very reasonable, 69$. When I checked in, I was greeted very simply by the owner, an immigrant from Tibet. Seemed Ok at first. He started checking me in, and then the phone rang. Instead of putting the caller on hold, he was indifferent to me waiting and answered all the questions the caller would ask him. Great for the caller , not for me. Finally got checked in. got in the room, it was at least 85 degrees in there. So I put on the AC, waited a couple minutes but we were cooking, so I opened the windows. A few minutes later the AC went out! So, on the wall next to the AC control there is a sign that says that if you open the windows while the AC is on it will reset and then you have to call the manager to reset the unit!
So I call the manager about the AC, he gives me a lecture that I should have obeyed the sign. I tell him that I read the sign after the AC went out, so I didn't no! I explain to him that the room shouldn't have been that hot when I arrived and that it was his fault that all of this arrived. I tell him that what I did was perfectly normal, it's just like when you get in a burning car in the summer, you open the AC and also the windows for a few minutes until the hot air evacuates and then you close them back up. He was still rude and threatened not to reset the AC again if I open the windows again while the AC is on! So we endured the steaming room for at least an hour before it started getting cool.
The room was old but very clean, but no hair dryer and no facial tissue! So bring your own.
If it had not been for the rudeness of the owner , this would have been a nice find, but not so!
I won't be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Robert5380
Boonton, NJ, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The place was fine, very basic but clean and a good value. However, our interaction with the owner/manager was perhaps the worst experience we have ever had at a hotel, and my wife and I have traveled extensively. The details are unimportant (highlights include him challenging my manhood and yelling at my wife for taking too much ice) but he was obnoxious, rude and demonstrated not even the most basic grasp of how to treat paying customers. Our dealing with the owner all occurred within 30 minutes of arrival and I felt like a jerk staying there after being treated so poorly but we were in town for a wedding and it would have been just to much hassle to search for another place to stay on a busy weekend. Nonetheless, staying here got our getaway weekend off to a sour start.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Boontonite
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Last weekend was my second time staying at GGT. I was not going to post a review, but seeing how many negative and obviously delusional reviews were added, here is my experience.
Both times I stayed were perfect. The place is clean, well located and the staff & owner are very friendly.
The hotel is obviously not the Ritz so stop complaining.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Nayeli C
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I don't understand how there are so many negative reviews of this place. I had no issues with the owner at all upon reservation and check-in. If you are here to get a cheap room and don't expect to be treated like the queen of England, then you'll probably be fine. As stated, the decor is a little outdated but the rooms are totally clean and have more amenities than some of the brand-name establishments I have stayed at in the past.

I'm also loving the location, very close to some attractions including 6 mins away from the Burton snowboarding factory/museum (one of the #1 stops on my trip) and the Magic Hat Brewery.

Overall, great room for the price. No complains.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, I would suggest requesting a room on the bottom floor as there is no e...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank vanner1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,256 reviews

Been to G.G.T. Tibet Inn? Share your experiences!