“Great breakfast place”
Review of Magnolia

Magnolia
Ranked #45 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Conveniently located in the heart of downtown, Magnolia Bistro is Burlington’s best kept secret. We are the first certified-green restaurant in Vermont, with a menu of breakfast and lunch favorites made with the highest quality ingredients available. We feature a great selection of local, organic, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and meat-loving items to suit any palate.
Titusville, New Jersey
“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Right near the farmers market on Saturday morning, the food was very good and the service was very nice. Sitting on the patio was quite lovely on a nice day.

Shannon R, Owner at Magnolia, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thanks for the review, JM. I'm glad you enjoyed your recent visit, and I'll make sure to let the service team know that you were left with such a nice impression. Next time you're in the area, I hope we can do it again! -- Shannon R., Owner

Minnesota
“don't forget to flip the sign”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

we stopped in here for breakfast on a saturday morning. although it opens at 8 am, the sign on the door said closed, it took until 8:10 before a fellow customer finally went in and asked if they were open - the sign on the door said closed. Don't forget the sign!
the food was good but a little more pricey in my opinion to the portion of food. the gluten free almond flour pancakes and fruit were as the menu described, delicious, but for $13?
Benjamin, our waiter was nice and helpful.
we really liked the atmosphere being downstairs.

Shannon R, Owner at Magnolia, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Rettup, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize that there was a delay in getting our sign switched around -- we'd never want to leave you waiting outside. I also appreciate regarding the food you tried, and I'll be sure to share your thoughts with my team here. If your travels bring you through Burlington in the future, I hope we'll see you again!

“Wonderful Breakfast Location”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Burlington has a great farm market on the weekends in the summer (with an amazing variety of vendors) and Magnolia is just off the market and has wonderful food and service. The waffles were excellent.

Shannon R, Owner at Magnolia, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Josh, thanks so much for the feedback. I really appreciate the kind words you left for us here, and I'll be sure to share them with the team here. Next time you're in Burlington, I hope you'll come and see us -- these waffles aren't going to eat themselves!

Staten Island, New York
“Nice place for breakfast”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Magnolia is a little hidden, in a building in an alley. The service was very good. I had pancakes which were great with Real Maple syrup, my Husband had an omelette that looked great. A little more expensive than the average breakfast but worth it.

Visited July 2014
Shannon R, Owner at Magnolia, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks for the review, Melios333! I'm so glad you had the chance to stop by recently, and I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us with this feedback. It's great to read that the pancakes and the omelette hit the spot, and I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the team here. Next time you're in Burlington, I hope you'll come back and see us!

Montreal, Canada
“Good but there are better options”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I usually go to Penny Cluse but I decided to try Magnolia after reading the reviews. Really not bad but does not come close to Penny Cluse.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Amine B
Shannon R, Owner at Magnolia, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Amine, thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I'm glad to read that you had the chance to join us for a bite recently, but disappointed that we didn't leave you with a slightly better impression. I know you have some great dining options in the area, but our goal is to be able to go toe-to-toe with the best of them. In the future, I hope you'll give us another shot to show you what we're really all about here.