“May 31, 2014 Miller Wedding”
Review of Jackson's Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canaan
Jackson's Lodge
“May 31, 2014 Miller Wedding”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I can not begin to describe how beautiful and perfect this place was for my best friend's wedding! Never would I have found this place, but will definitely be coming back again! (I even saw a moose on the side of the road as we were driving up :) I was the Maid of Honor and was so thankful to have the owners, Gloria and Mark, do everything possible to make this weekend easy, enjoyable, and amazing. Anything we needed they provided, everything from wood for the bonfire at 11pm to advice for our speeches. They were professional and easy-going. The lodge and landscape were gorgeous and made it easy for us to decorate. Not to mention we had a huge commercial kitchen to use at our disposal. Morning breakfast they serve at the cafe is to delicious, banana creme filled crepes topped with raspberry... to die for! Every cabin was clean, spacious, and comfortable. I would highly recommend this place for anyone wanting a wedding at a lake. It was far enough from our busy lives and took us away from our cell phones and TV and brought us back to our friends and family. It was an all around great experience. Thank you Gloria and Mark and everyone at Jackson's Lodge! Hope to see you all again soon!

Room Tip: All cabins are almost identical in layout. Bridal cabin was off in the front corner and slightly dif...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Richmond, Vermont
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My Daughter and her new husband had book their wedding at Jackson's Lodge, the location was perfect, The cabins were beautiful and fully furnished with all the comforts of home. The Lodge itself was also beautiful, it has an elegant rustic feel. All the guests commented to me how wonderful it was and what a great place it was for a wedding! My daughter had decided on a potluck dinner and the hosts Gloria and Mark were so helpful in helping guests (and me) get things ready as well as helping with the clean up. They raked the beach for the bridal party not once but twice! Their professionalism was the best I have seen in a very very long time! I can not give enough praises for this place! Thank you Gloria and Mark for helping make my daughters wedding the best that it could be!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Went to Jackson's in early autumn 2013 for a wedding. Stayed three nights in one of the many neat and tidy cabins. Mark and Gloria (the owners) ran a professional, tight and accommodating ship for the dozens of people who descended upon them for the weekend. Their proper and attentive care of this very family-friendly estate made it easy for everyone to congregate and enjoy the scenic locale.

Jackson's Lodge is easily and readily accessible from Montreal, not far from food shops (even though their restaurant is well-attended), and well stocked with kayaks, lakefront, and lawn games. Their indoor gathering hall and covered BBQ gazebo (which can easily fit 50 people) make for convenient assembly points.

Overall, this place is worth a visit to form your own opinion. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Headed to the NEK for an annual grouse hunting trip with some buddies. Cabin was well appointed, comfortable and very clean. The proprietors, Mark and Gloria, clearly take pride in their lodge, and the comfort of their guests. They were readily available to fulfill any needs, be it a hot cup of coffee, charcoal for the grill, or directions to a "birdy" ridge.
Overall, the bird hunting was fantastic, and Jackson's Lodge was a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We went to Jackson's lodge in October for a hunting camp for Grouse & Woodcock. Cabin was perfect - good working kitchen for game dinners, big enough bedrooms for everybody and their gear, and dog-friendly. The hospitality of Mark & Gloria couldn't be beat - the main lodge was great, and the stews & chili they put out for lunch was the ideal snack after a hard morning of hunting.
The birds were plentiful and land was easy to access. Lots of good early successional 2nd growth cover.

Room Tip: There are lots of cabins and all are different - talk to the owners about what specifics you need. B...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I just spent the weekend at Jackson's Lodge for a family wedding. The setting is peaceful and very clean. The owners truly take care in keeping up with the property and they are very accommodating and friendly. All of the cabins are unique and adorable. My family is already planning our next vacation there!

• Stayed October 2013
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Jackson's lodge for our moose hunting honeymoon last October. (Yes, I said moose hunting and honeymoon in the same sentence!)... We had the time of our life at the best place in VT's only remaining true wilderness area. If you love the outdoors this place is for you! To make a long story short, we came back to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in 'our' cabin. We decided that we would like to come back here every year as an anniversary tradition. ITS THAT AWESOME!!!! The cabins are the perfect private getaway. Rustic yet with all the amenities you need for complete comfort. Gloria and Mark are exceptional hosts and we felt like we were visiting old friends. Hard to find places like this these days that make you feel like a real person and not guest no. 1775938220. Go check it out for yourself! You will not regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canaan
Colebrook Country Club & Motel
Domaine Les Boises Lee Farm
Notch View Inn
Notch View Inn
#4 of 7 in Colebrook

Been to Jackson's Lodge? Share your experiences!