“Wonderful bistro; highly recommended!”
Review of Blue Cat Bistro

Blue Cat Bistro
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Castleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Found this place out of necessity (my daughter was at Castleton State for the day). It was almost the only game in town, but it did not disappoint. Everything was fantastic! The wine list, while small, had some great choices on it. The basket of bread --a rosemary baguette-- was among the best restaurant bread I've ever had. I was tempted by so much on the menu, but I ended up going with their local burger because it's so rare to find a local burger where I'm from (southern NH). Topped with crispy fried onion strings, it was perfect. The burger set (bun, lettuce, tomato, cheese) was so fresh and perfect, you could tell the chef took pride in even the most basic dish's preparation. Don't miss the crispy/spicy shoestring frites. My server was outstanding as well. I can't remember her name, but she was blonde and probably college-aged and she gave great service. I wish this place were closer to home!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Blue Cat Bistro has been a favorite dining place for the two of us, and we go there with local friends and out-of-town guests. The lighting--with star-studded ceiling complete with shooting stars--the fresh flowers and candles on each table, the well-appointed tables, and the peaceful atmosphere set the mood for the evening. The menu is sophisticated, as are the chef's presentations of hors d'oeuvres, salads, side dishes, entrees, and desserts. Locally grown produce and farm-to-table meats ensure freshness and quality. Even the homemade pies, cakes, puddings and other desserts feature locally grown berries and other fruits, in season. As the above review would suggest, this is not "family restaurant," since neither the atmosphere nor the rather exquisite fare, would likely suit young children. Though not required, reservations are strongly suggested. Castleton is a college town with many sports and arts events attended by out-of-towners who plan ahead to dine at the Blue Cat Bistro. Better to be assured of a table that to be turned away at the door.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped in while we were staying at the Applewood Manor B&B, and we were glad we did! The food was excellent, and the mood Lighting and starry ceiling created a warm atmosphere. If we were staying in town another night, we would go back!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stopped here for a quick bite to eat for lunch. I had the eggplant parm sandwich, which was very good. The bread was fresh and toasted and didn't get soggy which usually happens. My boyfriend had the cuban wrap and wasn't that thrilled with it. Too much wrap and not enough insides. He tried my sandwich and liked it so we'll go back.

1  Thank Jen91610
Reviewed 10 November 2013

For a relatively small scale place, we were really impressed to find somewhere to eat with quite a sophisticated menu and very well prepared and presented food. We enjoyed our first visit so much we went again on our second evening in Castleton.