“Best B&B”

Ranked #1 of 1 Castleton B&B and Inns
Pawcatuck, Connecticut
“Best B&B”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Applewood at least 8 times! We love the location. The rooms are clean, spacious, comfortbale and beautifully decorated. Nancy and Ralph are extremely pleasant and accomadating. I highly recommend this B&B for one night or an entire week!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally nice
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Vermont
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have been remiss in not reviewing this wonderful B&B sooner. I stayed at the Applewood Manor for work during the second week of June. Having originally planned to combine my stay with commuting back to my home an hour and a half away, I quickly changed my mind and remained for the entire week! My room was beautifully furnished, the bed was very comfortable, and there were so many other nice touches; for example, the well-stocked book shelves, spacious tiled shower, and gardens. The trail was also a welcome respite after a long day. Nancy and Ralph were gracious hosts that made me feel at home. Additionally, this is a fascinating place for those who are interested in historic homes. I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay, and will certainly be returning for a relaxing getaway. Luxurious and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: I stayed in Sarah's Room on the ground floor. Aside from being quiet and convenient,it was lovel...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed at many B&Bs but it was my husband's first visit. The building itself was beautifully kept, not surprisingly as the owner Ralph was constantly working, in the yard, cleaning the pool (that's aside from the delicious breakfasts he cooked). Nancy, his wife, was equally hardworking and pleasant. Enjoyable to sit and talk with, but not intrusive. The room we stayed in (Sarah) was lovely. Spacious and surprisingly quiet, given it was on the 1st floor. The bed was to die for and I could have slept for a week! We will definitely return if we are in the area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sun City, California
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband & I made a reservation for 1 night and ended up staying 3 nights. We have stayed at many B & B's in the United States, Europe & Australia and this was the BEST. The rooms were beautiful, (loved the linens), the garden area/pool area were immaculate and peaceful. We cannot say enough about the delicious breakfasts. Our host was cheerful, kind and very helpful. The location of this B&B was excellent for travelers heading North, South, East or West. We will be back and highly recommend this 5 star B&B

Room Tip: Due to the fact that we extended out stay, we stayed in 2 different rooms, both excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was a wonderful B&B in the small town of Castleton, VT. I have stayed in many B&Bs over the years, with limited success. The rooms here were clean and spacious, as were the bathrooms. These were the most spacious bathrooms I have seen in a B&B. One of the owners, Nancy, was gracious and accommodating, without being intrusive. It was quiet, and the property was large enough for the guests to find a spot to sit on their own, if they wanted. Nancy made blueberry pancakes and sausage, with some delicious banana bread and a fresh fruit bowl to start. This is walking distance from the small town, with other trails nearby to explore.

Room Tip: We stayed in "Noah's Room", which was excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

have stayed two times. owners are very friendly. great property a short walk from the amtrak station. the village is very pleasant with two good restaurants and a good shop terrific rails to trails walking trail and close to hiking trails highly recommend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was my second stay with at the Guest House. My son will be attending Castleton from 2014 on. My family (wife, 3 boys 17, 12 and 11) and I just love this place. It's like we were home but far from our actual home. The rooms are clean, wifi very good, excellent homely breakfast and a very kind Nancy, the owner. Highly satisfied. Shumba Family

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank OwensTatenda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 12 in Rutland
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington

Been to Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!