“You will wish you could stay one more night”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castleton
Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Castleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Ralph and Nancy are friendly and accomodating hosts. Not only is the stay relaxing, but if your in the mood for lively conversation, they are happy to engage. I encourage anyone traveling through Vermont to stay at least a couple of nights and enjoy both the outdoor environment and the charming B&B. Ralph (great cook) and Nancy (very funny) will be glad to provide honest suggestions about activities in the area and the best places to visit. You will enjoy yourself so much that you will wish you could stay one more night.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 April 2009

What a fabulous 4 days I spent at Applewood Manor. It was my first stay in a B&B and I am forever spoiled. Nancy and Ralph made every part of my stay with them something to remember. The rooms are beautiful and spacious and the beds are so comfortable that you just don't want to get up in the morning.
Ralph prepared all the breakfasts which were fantastic. And Nancy is the perfect inkeeper seeing to every need with grace and charm.
I feel like I have made new friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2009

This time, we brought friends and family to enjoy Applewood Manor. Our party of 7 booked all but one room in the house and had a wonderful time. My husband and I stayed in Noah's room (my favorite) this time, but every room is special - beautifully decorated and comfortable, with features like pillowtop mattresses, sumptuous linens, and modern bath fixtures, all the while retaining the historic character of the circa 1789 home. It's such a great place to stay - great hosts, great breakfasts (thanks, Ralph!) and great location - close to Rutland, Manchester and Ludlow. For history buffs, Mount Independence and Fort Ticonderoga are close by, as is Woodstock. Ralph and Nancy are the ultimate hosts; they go out of their way to make every visit special, and make everyone feel so welcome. Next time, we'll try for summer - and the pool!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2009

We recently traveled to Vermont for a wedding in Manchester, and decided to add 2 additional days on to our trip, just so we could stay at Applewood Manor in Castleton again! :) It is still, by far, THE best B & B we've ever stayed at, and we do travel often! We stayed in Hannah's Room this time, which was luxurious, with it's enormous, comfy pillow-top bed, and clean, spacious bathroom! Since we stayed for 2 nights this time, we were able to take advantage of the lovely Guest Lounge, with it's cozy couches, fireplace, and variety of DVD movies to watch on the TV. Breakfast was absolutely phenominal, VERY gourmet! You will not go hungry here! :) Having late afternoon tea and spending some time reading in the "library-like" living room area was one of my favorite parts of this trip. Nancy and Ralph are an absolute delight to be around, as is their sweet, gentle dog Samson, whom we just LOVE!! We enjoyed exploring the Castleton/Rutland area, and particularly enjoyed a nice dinner at the nearby "Trolley Stop" restaurant. We definitely plan to visit Applewood Manor again this summer- the pool looks awesome! I highly recommend this wonderfully relaxing getaway- it is EVERYTHING a Bed and Breakfast should be, and more! :)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2009

We loved the area, the house, and the hosts. The rooms were spacious and lovely, breakfast was great everyday, and they were absolutely accommodating. We will definitely be back. Thanks for a memorable time.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2009

We have stayed in many B&Bs, and Applewood Manor is our all time favorite. It's beautifully done in all the rooms, and the place is spotlessly clean. Ralph and Nancy gave us excellent advice on where to dine in the area, and their breakfasts were great. Plus, they can't do enough for you, without being intrusive. Location was very good - only 15 minutes from Rutland and 35 from Killington. Great value for the price, and we look forward to returning there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 January 2009

I love bed and breakfast inns. Applewood Manor is the perfect example of why. Nancy and Ralph did a fantastic job of restoring the home. The manor is a beautiful two story house set on a lovely spacious and well manicured piece of propery. Each room is tastefully decorated and has it's own character. The interesting history of the home is reflected throughout. Cozy and inviting sitting rooms are available for lounging on the comfortable couches and well stocked with a wide variety of books and movies. The porch area allows one to take in a view of the property and the lovely pool area. Paths are cleared along the river for a little senic hiking adventure. I even did a little flyfishing in it with Ralph. Samson, the big sweet golden retriever may accompany you! When I was there in June, I don't believe I left the property I was so content. There are numerous sightseeing opportunities and activities in the area.

Ralph prepares gourmet breakfasts with a lovely presentation. During my second stay in November, we enjoyed the fireplace in the dining room. Nancy and Ralph are beyond a shadow of doubt the most hospitable innkeepers I have ever met. I have never felt so welcome and well tended anywhere else. They are perfectly attentive and their company is an absolute pleasure. We remain friends and communicate often. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 12 in Rutland
Mendon Mountainview Lodge

Been to Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!