The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$253
Timber Inn Motel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$108
US$182
Travelocity
Jackson Gore Inn(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
US$175
Orbitz.com
Motel in the Meadow(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$146
Holiday Inn Express Springfield(Springfield)
US$153
Travelocity
All reviewscastle hilloutdoor poolhot tubokemo mountaingroupon dealfull kitchencontinental breakfastwasher and dryervideo gamestwo queen bedslarge bathroomflat screen tvshort driveaveda productsstaff was very friendly and helpfullobby areanice stay
Reviewed 16 January 2009

Loved every minute of our stay. Husband snowboarded. Kids and I enjoyed the property. Booking was a pleasure over the phone. Great rates for some of the cleanest rooms I've seen. Recent renovations are a dream. Beds beautiful and comfy. Pool and hot tub perfect, great sunlight! Front Desk assistance from Gus was above and beyond. Innkeeper, Andy Smith very accomodating. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2009

As a frequent flyer / traveler (USAir Chariman Preferred & Marriott Platiinum Member), I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a clean, friendly, affordable option to staying slopeside. I initially booked the stay, and then my wife checked TripAdvisor after I told her of my decision (big mistake). Some of the reviews were downright scary. But, my view was, we're going here for the skiing, so as long as the beds were clean, life would be good.

Not sure if this was a result of my low expecations, but the hotel completey impressed me. The staff was incredibly friendly, the reception area was warm & charming, and the hallways & rooms were spotless (and modern). For anyone that travels, the best comparison I can provide would be a Courtyard by Marriott. Traveling on this trip was my wife and three children (8/10/12), so the space was tight, but what would one expect with 5 people in one room???

The only complaint I could make, and I mean ONLY, was that the pool could have used a little more chlorine. That's it.

One last time, this is NOT the Four Seasons, the Ritz, or even a full service Marriott or Sheraton. Yes, the price is a little high, but that's because you're 4 miles away from the mountain, and the season is short. This is definately worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 1 January 2009

My family and I stayed in this hotel from the 22nd of December until the 25th and were extremely happy with all the accomodations. The check in was prompt and hassle free, the rooms were bright and clean, the lobby area had a living room setting with a fire place and sofas which allowed for us to mingle with other guests, and the pool and game room kept our 3 year old very happy. Everyone from the office staff to the housekeepers to the maintenance crew were extremely pleasant and helpful, a great staff over-all. We also brought our 90 lb. labrador and the outside grounds were large enough for him for get a daily walk in and enjoy some good leashed roaming. We will definitely stay here again, we had a wonderful stay and left with great memories of our Christmas trip. Kudos to the Pointe!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2008

Do not believe the photos or the reservation agent on the phone. The information they provide is misleading. The Castle has only a few rooms which is what they showcase. The Point, the "other part" of the Castle Hill Resort can only be described as downtrodden. Upon arriving, you notice a run down looking 2 story building located right on Route 103, a highway. This is The Point. We thought we'd pulled into an outdated condo complex. Our disappointment at the exterior was matched by our disappointment at the interior. While the common area next to the lobby looked decent, the remainder of the facility has a run down feel derived from hard use, lower quality furnishings and too much deferred maintenance. The pool looked to be an unhealthy yellow/brown color, so we avoided that altogether. There were no eating facilities available at The Point when we were there, everything was at The Castle. The Castle is located up an extremely steep drive not attached to The Pointe in any way, it looks like an entirely different property. Since my wife is in the late stages of pregnancy, she could not possibly walk the distance between the The Pointe and The Castle. After looking at more than one room, we were told by the front desk that since we had booked the room during the slow season they had no ability to re-book the room and that WE HAD TO STAY THERE. An unbelievable thing to say to any customer. At that point any inclination we had to stay there after all was definitely gone.

Furthermore, we called the general manager twice to discuss our disatisfaction. He never returned our messages. Very bad business and probably the most upsetting part of the experience.

We spend one weekend a month at hotels and resorts generally within VT. Take it from us, do not be fooled on the phone by the charming reservation agent that will fraudulently convince you that The Pointe is anything other than a second rate motel on a main highway.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank marthage
Reviewed 4 October 2008

Firstly they couldn't find our reservation at the Castle Hill itself and told us they were fully booked - on pressing we were offered a condo at the Castle or a suite or studio at the Pointe - but there was no dinner available and no breakfast! Sadly it was a busy time of year and all other hotels in the neighbourhood were fully booked plus it was already mid-evening. The rooms we were shown smelled awful so we took the least bad - bed had only one bedside table, walk to it long and smelly. No milk or creamer available, when we asked were told they had run out! And no breakfast! This is a cheap hotel charging expensive prices and why it got the ratings it has I do not know. We hoped for a romantic night spot on our once in a lifetime Vermont trip and this was not it. If you want a motel at ridiculous prices come here, if you want a decent hotel go somewhere else with character and breakfast. And maybe dinner so you don't have to dine out with one unable to drink. Apparently they had a wedding, that was the reason, how were we supposed to know that? What a dump. Unattractive buildings, inconvenient check in system, a let down.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple