We stayed at the "Castle" for just one night. We arrived around 4pm and left the next day at checkout. We stopped in after spending 4 days in NY and left the "Castle" to spend another 3 days in Boston, so it was our little relaxing break between 2 big cities. It was perfect. There wasn't an elevator, but we didn't mind it at all. Our room was room #1 and was gorgeous. Had a separate living room and an amazing bedroom with a 4 post bed. We had a view of the road out front...we enjoyed the view very much and didn't hear any of the street noise at all...except for the train that only went by once. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The assisted in taking our luggage upstairs. I really can only review the room and the service, as we did not eat dinner at the restaurant on site, but the menu looked really good. We did use the pool and jacuzzi and the gym. I was really impressed with how nice and new all the gym equipment was!! The grounds surrounding the "Castle" were very nice too...we went for a small walk in the morning, but the trail wasn't really very long at all. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and although we live far away in CA, we do plan to return for a visit. The only suggestion I would make is try and find out the details of the room you're staying in. We actually went with another couple and paid the same amount. The room they were given was just a standard room, while ours was HUGE with the living room. Our room was so romantic, my only regret was not staying longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and elegance are the words best used to describe Castle Hill Resort and Spa in Ludlow, Vermont. Located in the lush Green Mountains, the resort is a member of the prestigious “Small Luxury Hotels of the World” and listed on National Register of Historic Places.The full-service Castle Hill Resort and Spa features a unique collection of 10 Castle rooms, which exude timeless elegance and luxury. Each room has its own layout, architectural elements, and character, and is warmly decorated and furnished with period pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Castle Hill Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hill Resort And Hotel Cavendish
- Castle Hill Hotel
- Castle Hill Resort And Spa Cavendish, Vermont