“Take your time”
Review of Alice's Restaurant - CLOSED

Alice's Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: (802) 875 - 3344
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Two of us stopped here on our way through Vermont. It had interesting food and local beer, but the service was slow. We had onion soup, which was great, and a very good flatbread with eggplant and spinach. There was only one server so that might have been a fluke. I liked the atmosphere and I liked being able to sit on the enclosed porch.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Went to Alice's Restaurant recently and was not impressed. The past few times we have been there it was okay, but was very disappointed this last visit. The clam chowder was flavorless, and the clams were chewy. I ordered the Seafood Trilogy which consisted of shrimp, scallops, and clams, with cheese tortellini in a tomato basil sauce. Again, it was flavorless. The clams were so tiny they were non-existent. The sauce simply had no flavor whatsoever. My spouse ordered the duck breast with pear glaze. She was underwhelmed. Her complaint...it was bland.

The atmosphere is very nice, and the service is good. The food is not worth the price.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Just a delightful Victorian venue with an enticing menu and a very friendly staff On the Green in Chester, Vermont. The eggplant appetizer was plentiful for a delicious lunch with an apple/cranberry crisp for dessert and a lovely cup of tea, turned a rainy day into a cozy, warm delightful respite from sight-seeing and shopping.

2  Thank teacherhs
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

I've been to alice's restaurant many times and can't say enough about it. it's homey atmosphere and ambience make you feel like you're eating at home after being away for an extended period of time. the staff are very welcoming and courteous and friendly. I've never had to wait to be seated. orders are taken quickly and arrive nearly as fast. you can tell they make their breakfasts from scratch. this is the number 1 place to go for breakfast if you're in chester vermont. I look forward to going here every time I'm in the area. do yourself a favor, next time you're in chester, visit alice's and you'll find yourself becoming 1 of their many repeat customers.

2  Thank rmdatc1
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We liked this place so well the first time we were here (for dinner) that we went back a few days later for lunch. Ask to sit on the porch. The food and wine are both very good. i especially liked their fried shrimp. The hamburgers are very good also. Lots of appealing choices.

2  Thank Lynhart