“Awesome luncheon adventure, artistry abounds in both the craftsmanship of meals and the treasures for sale!”
Review of Moon Dog Cafe

Moon Dog Cafe
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My 7y/o daughter sums it up perfectly...They did EVERYTHING right - nice warm people, great food and made me feel special!

1  Thank Rckwmn

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

After the rave reviews I expected something really special, but was frankly disappointed.
The prepared food under plastic wrap looks unappetizing as was the fly traps with dead flies above the counter. The restroom needed attention as well.
As far as the food was concerned the menu was fairly limited.
The soup we had was however delicious.
And do not expect NYC style cappuccinos. They serve filter coffee with some foam on top.
Perhaps the best in Chester, but a long way off excellent.

1  Thank Gbayer1
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The toughest part about this place was I wanted to eat one of everything. I settled on ginger ice cream and some champagne truffles. My wife opted for some decadent cookies that she shared with me later. All the food was fantastic. They also had some really neat crafts, soaps and local products. The two women working could not have been more accommodating. Not to mention pleasant looking. I hope I can stop here again.

1  Thank homer17402
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Back again at my favorite stop between West Point and Franconia. Besides the warm smiles, I am enjoying a mango habanero chicken breast salad with avocado, goat cheese, and a yummy yogurt dressing. It is worth the five hour drive just to eat here on the way.

1  Thank BARBandSTEVE471
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have stopped by here several times and try to support local cafes that sell organic produce and quality goods but the staff is sometimes so unfriendly that it ruins the experience for me. They sell a lot of interesting things and have a comfortable couch where you can sit and have coffee. All it needs is less grouch and a little more pleasantness.