“country girl diner”

Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: An Authentic 1940's silver, Silk City Diner. Booth or counter service for great homemade soups, meals and desserts. Breakfast & lunch 7 days. Prime Rib Friday nights. Friendly atmosphere, great prices, Superb Coffee! Don't miss their Smash Burger! Cash or local check only...ATM available on site.
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great authentic looking diner that has good food, as locally sourced as possible. Service was excellent, efficient and friendly. Lots of locals go here. Wish it had been open for dinner because there isn't a lot of choice now in the area.

There are newer reviews for Country Girl Diner

Reviewed 19 June 2013

There are lots of disappointing restaurants in this stretch of rte. 103 and we weren't expecting much. Boy, were we surprised! It's an old Streamline and I mean old, but enter it and partake of the best of homestyle cooking. We started with two big jars of ice cold, sweet water on this sunny day. My husband had a hamburger that was exactly what he yearned for and the best french fries we've ever tasted. I had a slice of the season's first strawberry rhubarb custard pie a la mode that was to die for, with a bottomless mug of good plain coffee. This place is authentic Vermont.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

The 15 bean soup was excellent. The diners a lot like the Blue Benn Diner in Bennington VT another of my favorite places.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stopped in on the way out of town and were so happy that we made a point of checking out The Country Girl Diner. We pass it every time we travel to visit family or make deliveries in MA and it always happens to be times when they are closed. (late in the day, or night)
I had the cinnamon waffles with apples and my husband had eggs, sausage and hash browns. The waffles were delicious, light, tasty and topped with real apples, not canned pie filing (which i was nervous about). The eggs and sausage were great as well.
The bathroom is clean, and as another commenter said, they use nice soap. I hate that chemically smelling soap that most public bathrooms use.
The service was good and we left completely satisfied.
One thing I will say, is that I was curious about locally sourced ingredients here. I would love to know where the eggs and meat are coming from, I know they source some veggies and the syrup locally, but the meat and eggs aren't posted.

Thom H, Owner at Country Girl Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for your kind words! Much appreciated! Our eggs are indeed Vermont eggs. They come from Maple Meadow Farms in Salisbury Vermont. Our hamburger is fresh, never frozen from our butcher in Claremont, NH. All the deli meats and Bacon is Boar's Head Premium Meats. We strive to have the best quality in all our foods, fresh and local whenever possible. Hope to see you again soon! Kate & Thom and the rest of the CGD crew!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Great diner food in a fantastic, old, aluminum diner. Aluminum counter/stools. Tile. Much more intimate than the mega Greek diners they are building now. Menu focuses on breakfast (also services lunch) and everything is delicious. French toast fantastic. Ample servings, reasonable prices, friendly/prompt service. Great atmosphere. What more could you wish?

1  Thank IgFlitz