“An inviting and warm inn”
Review of Fullerton Inn

Fullerton Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
hartford ct
“An inviting and warm inn”
Reviewed 29 December 2007

found this inn by accident. We were planning on skiing at Okemo for several days and had booked at a B&B near by. We were disappointed in the room, and decided to explore.
We stopped by this lovely old Inn located in beautiful Chester VT.
The inn keeper Nancy greeted us, showed us one of only rooms left and welcomed us to come back the next day.
The next day we returned after a fun and hard day of skiing. We sunk onto the couch in front of the beautiful fireplace, enjoyed "happy hour" priced draft beers and met other happy and friendly guests who recommended the resturant stating the food was delicious. It was Delicious.
This is a very comfortable, warm, and clean inn. We plan on returning several more times this season to ski and relax!

• Liked — friendly, warm and home like feel
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 23 December 2007

My wife and I stayed here in September 2007 for a wedding that took place on the property.

Our room was clean and decorated with several ruffley-type objects, including 10 (no joke) pillows. The room decor was not my cup of tea, probably suited more for older folks or craftsy-types. When the pillows were off the bed for sleeping, it made the room a great deal smaller. However, the bed was quite comfortable and the shower was hot.

The innkeepers were very hard at work for the wedding (it appears that they perform all roles in the hotel, from front desk, to bartender, to furniture movers), but still managed to be friendly and help us when we needed it.

The food at the restaurant on premises was fine - not great, but I managed to eat with great enthusiasm.

This being my first visit to Vermont, I was expecting a "charming" B&B in this small town. While this hotel is a fine place to stay, it fails to live up to my ideal of what a New England Inn ought to be. I probably would choose another place to stay if I were to return to Chester.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank Bluestruck
Jacksonville, Fl.
Reviewed 3 August 2007

Lovely, well cared for Inn. Staff is hardworking and pleasant. Food is fabulous. Bar is cozy. I always have a wonderful time when I go there.

I go to Vermont for the weather and they always have just great weather. I know this is because Bret arranges it just for me.

Chester is a lovely little town. Down the street from the Inn is a wonderful quilt store. And there is also a wonderful book store on the same street. What more could you want?

Stayed March 2007
Clifton Park NY
Reviewed 1 August 2007

We went to the Fullerton Inn to meet old friends and enjoy their company. The Fullerton was ideal for this. Our check-in experience with Brett was efficient with no external converstion. All of our questions were answered with one syllable responses. With time he loosened up. Nancy on the other hand was most helpful and gracious. We had dinner on the front varanda and breakfast on the back deck. The food was excellent and reasonable priced. There are no TV's! Wonderful place to unwind.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 July 2007

My wife and I have visited Vermont on numberous occassions, because of relatives in the area. In the past we have only stayed at motels in the area, mainly because of cost. In Feburary and then again in July we stayed at the Fullerton Inn. The experience we encountered was by far better then any of the motels we stayed at. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff very pleasant and helpful, seeing to our every need. Everytime we met the owners, either at dinner in the Inn's restaurant,or the lobby they asked if there were anything we needed. I would not hesitate to recommend the Fullerton Inn to my friends. I will definitely stay at the Fullerton Inn again.

• Liked — Peaceful, quiet
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PFPM
kansas
Reviewed 15 July 2007

well, i guess the old adage location, location, location applies to this inn. I have to agree with one of the other reviewers that the inkeepers/owners were not very friendly or helpful. They seemed burnt out. Instead of being gracious and appreciative that we plunked our money at their inn, it was as if they were put off by the exta work that another customer brought to them. The air conditioner was the loudest unit I have ever heard. I had to sleep with a pillow over my head to drown out the noise. Not to mention the room never did reach a comfortable temperature. Other than these issues, the inn is a very nice building. Too bad the owners can not appreciate the value of the dollar their customers bring to them. There are plenty of places to stay in Chester, in case they forgot this!!!

Stayed July 2007

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2006

I've always thought that B&Bs were known for their hospitality, but that was certainly not the case at the Fullerton Inn. The owners and the staff were not friendly at all. They almost acted like they were doing us a favor by letting us stay at their Inn. When we checked in (my friends and I had two rooms), we asked if they were going to light the fireplace because it was raining and cold. He said that it wasn't cold enough. We're from Texas and it was cold to us!! We drove to a B&B in Grafton for dinner and they had two fireplaces going as did other places in town. The owner didn't introduce himself and he didn't even ask us how our trip was going or if there was anything we needed. There isn't an elevator in the B&B, so we had to lug our suitcases up the stairs ourselves. Instead of offering to help, Nancy (I assume she was the owner) very sullenly asked if we needed help. At that point, I didn't want to inconvenience her. They didn't tell us about the amenities at the Inn or what time dinner was served or what there was to do in Chester - absolutley no help whatsoever!! My friends' room was cold and when they told the owner, he told them to be sure the window was closed. Duh!!! It never really warmed up because he said if they turned up the heat, the dining room would get too hot. Thanks for nothing!! When we checked out, we weren't asked how we enjoyed our stay or if everything was okay. We're not used to people being so rude. I would suggest to the owners that if they don't enjoy being around people and being hospitable, they need to find another job!! I would not recommend this Inn to anyone.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything but especially the coldness and unfriendliness of the owners and staff.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here if you expect any service!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank TXtriptaker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Grafton Inn
#3 of 9 in Chester
Inn Victoria
Inn Victoria
#1 of 9 in Chester

Been to Fullerton Inn? Share your experiences!