“Great private ride made my day”
Review of Plan B Stables - CLOSED

Plan B Stables
Harwinton, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great private ride made my day”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Really enjoyed a private ride with Nancy (and her horse Maggie ;o) and my beau's cousin's wife, whom I do not know well. The stable arranged suitable mounts (Jack and Cooper) for us, covered all the technicalities, and got us on our way promptly. Our guide Nancy (I hope I have remembered her name correctly) was very accommodating and tailored the ride to our desires to walk, trot, or canter. We traveled through fields, woods, over streams, and more. Our one-hour ride was very reasonable (just $10 more than a group trail ride). Keep up the good work, Plan B!

Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Best Place to Ride”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

What a great Stable. Took my teenage daughter's and paid for a private ride ( $10 more pp than a trail ride). Horses were in great shape and the guides and owner were so nice. Girls were experienced riders and the guides had a great time with them. with the private ride they got to Trot and canter. Guides allowed the girls to go at their pace based on their experience. This is the place to ride in the area.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dennis K
Connecticut
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A must see for horse lovers visiting the Okemo area”
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I brought the kids ( 3 & 5) here for a pony ride and a lesson. They both had a great time. The women that were running the barn were very nice. The kids and I loved the friendly and well behaved dogs the hung around with us.
The kids got to help brush the horses and collected some eggs from their chickens (we also bought a dozen fresh eggs).
They are easy to find right off Rt103.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gregory F
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time anywhere else -”
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

A must do on your trip whether you are visiting Chester, Okemo, or Killington this is truly a hidden gem. My mother and I were staying at the castle resort in Cavendish for a early Mother's Day getaway when we decided we would love to go horseback riding through the scenic Vermont trails.
Even though we arrived fairly late on Thursday one of the owners Nancy, was happy to take our reservation and accommodate us on short notice. When we arrived Nancy's business partner, Katie, greeted us with Shana. Shana was quite the jubilant and enthusiastic trail guide. Katie and Shana offered us great advice about places to visit, things to do, and where to dine.
Katie matched us perfectly to our horses who were well trained and gave us a nice ride. The trails are scenic and peaceful and on such a beautiful day we couldn't have asked for anything better.
The ride was about an hour for a walking trail. At 45/piece I felt it was a bargain especially compared to the prices I have seen at other resorts. For the more avid riders you may also take a private tour during which you are able cantor and trot.
I would highly recommend this activity. We had a great time!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Carmina723
CT
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful setting for riding”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We went to Plan B stables while in Vermont last fall......We both loved it. We had not been on horses for over 25 years!! The people that worked there were very friendly and eased any apprehension we may have had before we went on our ride. We cannot wait to go back in the winter.

Visited October 2012