“Great baked goods”

Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Chester
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stopped by and picked up some scones, brownies and cookies for the next day. Everything was delicious.

1  Thank Amysfunfamilyfive

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I cannot say enough about how great baba louis was. No dislikes, a pleasant surprise, great food, great service in a comfortable area

Reviewed 31 January 2013

On a recent trip to Vermont, I headed to Baba A Louis in hopes that it was still open. It was after the the posted closing time of 6 PM by a few minutes but yes.... it was still open. The owner, a cult master like individual wasthe only one there, as if he had been waiting for me to arrive. I bought my two small French loaves and two loaves of cinnamon rasin and drove off into the foggy night.

I've been buying bread here ever since it was in a grungy clapboard building in Proctorsville. I keep on coming back because Baba A Louis makes great bread. While the two varities purchased on this trip are favorites, I have never been disappointed. Now, the French loaves are not baguettes! they are a delicious crusty country white, which by the way, as the loaf white, makes one of the best sandwich whites in the Northeast... if not North America. I used to buy dozens of these and freeze them to have them handy.
The cinnnamon raisin is the basis for the best French Toast ever.
The only thing I missed on this trip are the sticky buns. Maybe its worth a 6 hour trip back.

If our mysterious owner is a cult leader.... I'm obviously a distant follower!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Bakery-cafe with excellent bread, fresh soups, salads and other food served buffet-style in interesting open-plan bakery building.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

We are local and get bread there almost weekly it is a wonderful Bakery. We love it the bread is fresh and Delish.

Been to Baba A Louis? Share your experiences!