“Consistent & Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had dinner at the Fullerton Inn, our second visit in three months. While the menu doesn't have hundreds of choices you should be able to find something you can enjoy from the options offered. This visit was as expected, good quality food with enjoyable taste, good presentation, and good service.

I did find it a bit strange to get my salad and my dinner at the same time. I would have expected the salad first...not a huge complaint, just not what we've pretty much all become accustomed to.

Live music (single artist w/ guitar) was nice to listen to while dining.

We'll be back next time when in Chester.

There are newer reviews for Fullerton Inn Restaurant

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Needed a stop on our way to Boston and booked a room at the Fullerton Inn. We had a surprisingly excellent dinner at its restaurant, followed by a delicious dessert. We had also the pleasure to be served in French by Ashley. The evening was beautiful and the village is so peaceful. A stop to take into account for future trips south.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My Wife, My Son, & I are in VT for vacation and used our restaurant.com voucher to purchase a gift certificate to this establishment despite having a history of some not so great reviews mixed in with some good and even excellent ones. Well, we sure are glad we did! We were greeted from the moment we walked in by the Hostess & again by our waitress the minute she came over to our table. Even when my 5 year old son wasn't his normal happy self, they were friendly with him & gave him crayons and paper to draw with. They served us delicious breads (Cornbread w/cranberry was outstanding) to start and my wife's wedge salad was a good starter. My Son's "kid's" meal was big enough for me to eat and was surprisingly inexpensive for what we've experienced already in VT for "kid's" meals. My Wife's pork chop meal was tasty and very reasonably priced and was filling. I went with the Chef's choice menu item of Arctic Char (one of the more expensive items) and it was one of the best Fish dishes I've ever eaten! It came with just the right amount of a cranberry style sauce, served over a bed of a delicious rice, & with a side of perfectly cooked and seasoned broccoli & carrots (all of which came from the locals farms & catch!). They offered a very attractive plate of various desserts for a reasonable price but by the time we were finished, we were ready to head back to our Hotel. We will come back next time we come to VT!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

If you are in search of a traditional New England dining experience with a rustic atmosphere and a well appointed menu, this is the place. We all enjoyed our meals as we sat near the fireplace in the bar area. The service was great and the food was excellent. I ordered the salmon which was delicious. Definitely worth a follow up visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Went for early dinner and menu was appealing. FIrst we were oddly greated, like no one was expected. Second, the service overall was OK, but didn't feel very invited or appreciated. Third, wanted homemade mac n cheese and told it was. However, when delivered it was orange and consistency of boxed, which I hate. Fortunately the taste was better and the parmesan topping saved it a bit. I guess I should have been more specific w/ my questions..is it made w/ VT cheese?...we are in VT after all. The pork chop was good, small, but fit the 10 price I suppose. Veggies were fine. Not the most favorable experience and won't go back anytime soon, but will keep it in mind as maybe the main dining is better. Despite it all I think that it is a place that is needed in Chester and having tavern menu is appealing.