“Great place with friendly hostess and very pet friendly.”

Motel in the Meadow
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chester
New York City, New York
“Great place with friendly hostess and very pet friendly.”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night in foliage season. The hostess Pat was very nice and made you feel right at home. Our room was very cute and was decorated with butterflies and sweet country quilts. The room was small but clean. We needed a pet friendly place as our dog travels with us and this place was great. We have found a new home when in Eastern Vermont. Price was great for the room especially in high season.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Poultney, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Motel in the meadows is a great place for our family to relax and get away from it all. The owner is very gratious, the rooms are clean and comfortable and we always meet new friends (other guests) when we are there. The staff is always friendly and the new landscaper is a keeper!! Thanks again for a very pleasant stay. We will be back soon!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chrispin W
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed here 2 different times. Both times I was so pleased with the homey feeling and the cute rooms. Yes, they are small but most people are looking for a decent place to rest your head while seeing the sights and a great place to just relax and get away from the daily grind. It certainly does all that and more. The continental breakfast is fine. I stayed over after visiting places on my way, I had been in Deerfield and visited shops and Magic Wings, ( a place to see and take pics of butterflies) and I bought a monarch caterpillar and needed food (milk weed) for it and the owner graciously gave me some of her milkweed leaves for the trip. That was so nice of her since she Cherishes her milk weed plants because she made beautiful crafts from the pods. Thank you! They were such nice people and told me some facts of the area. I went to Ben and Jerry's and then on to St. Johnsbury and she knew that area and told me where to stay and eat. I took her advice and had a great time. I had made arrangements to stay again on my way back and I got to show her the caterpillar's progress. I plan to stay at the motel again this year as I hope to have more time to do some sightseeing up there again. It's been a while since I had the chance to travel that way. These folks are the best around and so down to earth that they make you feel like family. I had to pick a preselected date from the drop down list on this site and I just wanted to remind folks that I stayed here 2006 or 2007 and as far as I see from other people's good reviews it is still what I would expect from them. Very cozy rooms and friendly . This hotel just fits my style of relaxing. I told a couple friends of mine that are heading that way soon.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Linda L
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Our room and bathroom were very clean, it was quiet, and the bed was comfortable. This is a small roadside motel with adequate size rooms. The bathrooms may be a bit small, but had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The room was also warm. If you want a inexpensive motel that is clean, I recommend the Motel in the Meadow.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dotcouple
Mass
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The owner was very nice, the rates very resonable ( I am guessing below market value ) She said she never rases them so people know what to expect and will come back year after year - and they do. The room we had was nothing fancy, but clean. It was a bit musty, typical of motels on concrete slabs. The food in town was excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
PA
Reviewed 4 February 2011

It"s not often that you find a nice, friendly place that you look forward to coming back to over and over......even when there are places much closer to where your ultimate destination might be.....in my case....the ski slopes. I found Pat B.'s hotel on trip a number of years ago, when it was close to Okemo and by far the best value (including all the ski and stay packages). What a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting a finely decorated, pampered B&B. Don't get me wrong......I love those myself, but what I desired was a clean reasonable place for warmth and rest. I got so much more. Yes, the room fit my "small" needs with a bed, a shower and a TV (if I chose to have it on). But the extra touchs like the different themes for each room with decorations to match. A nice comfortable queen size bed with plenty of pillows. The ability to control your own heat and the faith you won't abuse that priveldge. A nice simple breakfast with warm homemade muffins, juice, cereal and hot coffee. And then...........................
there was Pat (and Doug)!! We hit it off immediately and had many pleasant chats about, well, most everything. She was great with directions and great advice on places to eat to fit all ranges and desires. She makes you feel of value because you made the choice of being a customer of hers. But not just another number......more like a friend. On this last trip, she played "Mom" and co-conspirator with my wife and insisted I stay another night due to the 17" of snow. Trust me when I say she did not want just another night of revenue........she was concerned about me! I was even invited in to join family for dinner (and chastised when I didn't take her up on it)
Oh yeah............I came back here even though I was 50 minutes away from Mt. Snow. That's how much I enjoy staying here. Mint on pillow??......nope. Frills and lace doilies??......nope. Huge fireplace with puzzles to build in the fancy lobby??.........ahhhh nope on that to. But warm, clean, friendly comfort with the personal touches that make you feel like you are wanted now, and in the future............MOST DEFINITELY!!
Thank you Pat!!
You, Doug and the days spent at your place keep me coming back for more.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank AllWaysand4vr
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Stayed here for a business trip...nice location and quiet. Rooms are cute and cozy. Pat is a great Inn Keeper.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
#3 of 9 in Chester
Inn Victoria
Inn Victoria
#1 of 9 in Chester

Been to Motel in the Meadow? Share your experiences!