“Comfort in the Country”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chester
Reedsburg
“Comfort in the Country”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I loved our stay at Motel in the Meadow. The room was clean and inviting, and Pat, the owner, is friendly and outgoing. When you stop at wonderful motel, be sure to stop in the office/gift shop for the continental breakfast and a look at all of the local crafts. One stay and you will feel like this is your home away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Not much to say its a motel. Pretty meadow but nothing to do or see right around the motel itself. If you need a bed and bath this is your place. The lady that runs it is very nice and does a lovely job with what she has. Take it for what it is and you won't be disappointed

• Stayed August 2012
Rutland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We actually did not stay at this motel. Due to a mix up in travel plans, we were stranded in VT at 10:30 at night with no place to stay. Motel in the Meadow was full, but the owner greeted us in her pajamas, was kind and friendly, gave us a listing of other hotels in the area and allowed us to use her phone. If she is this accommodating to non-paying strangers, she must be wonderful to her guests. I am writing this review as a thank you to her help and kindness.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Leah1929
West Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

As you can see from all the previous reviews, they have all spoke highly of this motel... Which we agree! We decided on a last minute ski trip to Okemo, found a room open at this place. My boyfriend is a fireman and found that they staff were so hospitable and they even recommended some good nearby restaurants ( they even gave him a 10% discount) Okemo is relatively close, a short drive. Rooms are simple and clean,even emptied the trash and made the bed while we were gone. I liked the small bathrooms, good hot water after a day out on the slopes. Only downside was our room smelled like perhaps smokers have once stayed in there just due to the odor. Other than that it's a nice simple place to stay at with a good price!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Martha M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night in foliage season. The hostess Pat was very nice and made you feel right at home. Our room was very cute and was decorated with butterflies and sweet country quilts. The room was small but clean. We needed a pet friendly place as our dog travels with us and this place was great. We have found a new home when in Eastern Vermont. Price was great for the room especially in high season.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Poultney, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Motel in the meadows is a great place for our family to relax and get away from it all. The owner is very gratious, the rooms are clean and comfortable and we always meet new friends (other guests) when we are there. The staff is always friendly and the new landscaper is a keeper!! Thanks again for a very pleasant stay. We will be back soon!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chrispin W
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed here 2 different times. Both times I was so pleased with the homey feeling and the cute rooms. Yes, they are small but most people are looking for a decent place to rest your head while seeing the sights and a great place to just relax and get away from the daily grind. It certainly does all that and more. The continental breakfast is fine. I stayed over after visiting places on my way, I had been in Deerfield and visited shops and Magic Wings, ( a place to see and take pics of butterflies) and I bought a monarch caterpillar and needed food (milk weed) for it and the owner graciously gave me some of her milkweed leaves for the trip. That was so nice of her since she Cherishes her milk weed plants because she made beautiful crafts from the pods. Thank you! They were such nice people and told me some facts of the area. I went to Ben and Jerry's and then on to St. Johnsbury and she knew that area and told me where to stay and eat. I took her advice and had a great time. I had made arrangements to stay again on my way back and I got to show her the caterpillar's progress. I plan to stay at the motel again this year as I hope to have more time to do some sightseeing up there again. It's been a while since I had the chance to travel that way. These folks are the best around and so down to earth that they make you feel like family. I had to pick a preselected date from the drop down list on this site and I just wanted to remind folks that I stayed here 2006 or 2007 and as far as I see from other people's good reviews it is still what I would expect from them. Very cozy rooms and friendly . This hotel just fits my style of relaxing. I told a couple friends of mine that are heading that way soon.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Linda L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort
Timber Inn Motel
Timber Inn Motel
#1 of 6 in Ludlow

Been to Motel in the Meadow? Share your experiences!