“Picturesque Vermont Inn”

Chester House Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
“Picturesque Vermont Inn”
Reviewed 2 June 2006

A great value, centrally located to some of Vermont's best art galleries, best shopping, scenic landscapes, and ski resorts.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 1 April 2006

The Chester House Inn can be described as cozy, comfortable and quaint. We discovered the Inn soon after Paul and Bill purchased it and have been coming back ever since (as often as possible I might add).

We love sitting around a glowing fire on chilly evenings and enjoying the friendly conversation with other guests and Bill and Paul. The Inn offers a great location, delicious breakfasts, clean rooms and an atmosphere of relaxation. We not only look forward to staying at the Chester House Inn but also visiting with Bill and Paul, as we have developed a wonderful friendship with them.

An Inn for all Seasons - We love it and highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fairfield County, CT
Reviewed 18 March 2006

Chester is a perfect launching pad in southern Vermont for skiing and hiking and golfing and antiquing – with a small town atmosphere. My husband and I have stayed at the Chester House Inn over a dozen times since 1998. The rooms are comfortable, and the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. When the current owners took over about 2 1/2 years ago, we were concerned that the place wouldn’t be the same -- and it isn’t -– it’s even better! In fact we’ve increased our visits – and have been there 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months. I can truly say that it feels like home (without having to cook or clean!)

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 13 March 2006

We were travelling with two our two children when we arrived at the Chester House Inn for our visit around Thanksgiving time.

THe Inn is historical and charming, with memorabilia decorating every room. THis is one of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed at for two reasons:

1) The hosts Bill and Paul are delightful and attend to every need. They keep everything running very well, and serve up delicious breakfast fare for every age. Both Bill and Paul treated our children (Ages 14 and 10) really well, discussing the history of the Inn, the town and Vermont with them at length, making tall of us feel right at home as if we had known them for years!

2) The Inn itself is immaculately clean, will several choices of accomodations, from simple to whirlpool bath suites. Its location is right in the middle of the Village of Chester with an easy stroll to shops and restaurants (even in the chilly weather).

There is no better place to stay in that area of Vermont than Chester House Inn. Bill and Paul have created an atmosphere of congeniality and comfort for all who pass that way.

BOB and PENNY

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 March 2006

I would like to write about Chester House Inn and say that if anyone wants a great place to stay in a homey house and good food and company that you need to give Owners Bill&Paul a try!
My family attends this Inn every year at least a couple of times and find it to be a home away from home here in MASS. for me!
The food served is a welcome accompaniment that comes naturally from Paul who seems to do alot the cooking and he is great cook!
The environment that you dine in is relaxing and warm and we even get an option of eating Al Fresco in warmer months! What a joy!
The rooms we typically stay in are wonderfully decorated and have a theme in mind! The rooms are clean and well appointed!
My general feeling here is to give Bill & Paul a try and you won't be dissapointed!
MM
\Seekonk,MA

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Indiana
Reviewed 11 March 2006

The Chester House in Chester, Vermont is an absolutely wonderful place to stay if you are visiting Central Vermont. It is located in the town of Chester, a beautiful little town with a typical New England charm.

I first discovered The Chester House last winter. I was traveling without my husband and was looking for a place to stay where I would feel comfortable as a woman traveling alone. I could not have selected a better place. From the first moment I arrived, I felt welcomed and comfortable. I found Bill and Paul so personable and friendly, while at the same time having mastered the art of being congenial but still respecting the privacy of their guests. The breakfast they provided was wonderful, especially the chocolate chip muffins and warm maple baked pears. I stayed five days and had absolutely no complaints about anything. On my last morning I left very early to get to the airport to catch my flight and didn't have time for breakfast, and as I walked out the door Paul handed me a little bag of fresh fruit for me to take with me to the airport in case I didn't have time to eat. By the time I left, I felt like they were family.

In October, I returned to Vermont with my husband and we stayed at The Chester House. My husband is not normally a person who enjoys B & B's because we have had a few bad experiences with hosts who are too intrusive and encroach on the privacy of their guests. My husband found Bill and Paul very enjoyable hosts and being a history buff, he enjoyed talking with them about the history of the house. I actually think they convinced him that Bed and Breakfast Inns are a great way to vacation! We stayed four days and every morning we were treated to a different breakfast selection and they were all plentiful and made from scratch. Our room was delightful and we especially enjoyed the whirlpool in our room. Paul and Bill really pay attention to all those little details that make their guests feel special.

We visit Vermont often and we don't even have to look for someplace else to stay. We love the Chester House and would recommend it to anyone. I can't wait to return.

Karen and Jere

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank disaster
Reviewed 9 March 2006

The Chester House Inn is like going back in time. The atmosphere, is one of total relaxation. The hosts, Bill and Paul welcome you with open arms. The breakfasts are great -- Paul is always adding new items to the menu and sharing his recipes on request. The rooms are lovely, comfortable and clean.

This is definitely a place you want to stay when visiting this area of Vermont.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
#4 of 7 in Ludlow
Fullerton Inn
Fullerton Inn
#5 of 9 in Chester

Been to Chester House Inn? Share your experiences!