“WONDERFUL!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
Seymour, Connecticut
“WONDERFUL!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Inn Victoria is a wonderful Victorian B & B in the lovely town of Chester, VT. My husband and I have stayed at several B & Bs and Inn Victoria is perfection! Not only are the rooms gorgeous, we stayed for six nights in Prince Leopold, but the breakfasts are suburb and all three innkeepers are just amazing people! I felt like we had known them forever. I would love to have Dan and Penny as a neighbor and I told Jessica she was like one of my daughters! We got to see all of the rooms and every one is just beautiful. The bed was extremely comfy. One afternoon I wanted to just lie down for an hour or so and it turned into several. The bed is that comfortable! I had read beforehand about the sheets being top quality. They are. We came home with two queen size sets! The breakfasts were superb, prepared with fresh ingredients, and beautifully presented on china each morning. We love tea and the selection was incredible. We were fortunate to be able to experience Inn Victoria's High Tea. The tea sandwiches and pastries were phenomenal. If you are a guest of the Inn there is no charge for High Tea and should not be missed. If your travels take you through Chester you can still experience High Tea by making reservations ahead of time. My husband and I found many things to do in the Okemo Valley area during our stay and many wonderful restaurants. Leslie's The Tavern at Rockingham was our favorite. It is fine dining so is a bit pricey but worth every penny. If you need ANYTHING Dan, Penny, or Jessica will go out of their way to help you out. Just ask. My husband and I both agreed that this was one of our most relaxing vacations we have ever had. Gorgeous Inn, cozy bed, superb food, amazing innkeepers, beautiful scenery. Life doesn't get much better than this. We cannot wait to return and see "family" again. Love you guys!

Room Tip: Just want to say that all the rooms are gorgeous and unique. Princesses Louise and Beatrice are defi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TrippysDoe
Penellope C, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you, we are blessed indeed!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2013

When we walk in the door we are greeted with warmth and hugs, along with some real good goodies on the table by the door. We are treated better than Family and enjoy the fellowship not only with the Inn Keepers but also with the other guests. This was at least our 5th visit, and love every minute of it. Thank you, Dan, Penny and Jessica!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank whittfla
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...........keep smiling!
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The appearance and decor of this inn truly live up to the name. It's a beautiful Victorian atmosphere but at the same time completely comfortable and cozy. Once you sit on the couches in the beautiful parlor (that seems the appropriate word), you may not ever want to get up. However the bedrooms are so comfortable and lovely that you won't want to miss out on them! My room was delightful and I was able to look at the unoccupied rooms and they were all amazing. The porch has comfortable rockers and you'll be lured into walking along the sidewalks in Chester since it's such a nice town. I arranged my schedule so that I would be here on one of the days that High Tea is served and am so glad that I did. The food was incredible and plentiful and the selection of beautiful teacups and teas surely can't be topped anywhere else. Breakfast also was scrumptious. I had written that I was allergic to nuts and they took the time to plan menus that were all safe. Penny, Dan, and Jessica are genuinely wonderful people. Penny is so joyful and caring that you'll wish she was your next-door neighbor! If you have the opportunity don't miss the Inn Victoria experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank NYYVA
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you so much!........we are especially glad you were able to arrange your schedule to take in High Tea. We are thrilled you loved it! High Tea is available every day at 3PM and at no additional cost for guests staying as an Inn guest....all we ask is for a reservation a couple of hours ahead. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your exceptional experience!

God Bless
Penny, Dan & Jessica
Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I spent the weekend at the beautiful Inn Victoria. The hosts were friendly, caring, attentive to my needs, and cheerful. There was not one need that wasn't met.
My bedroom and bathroom were clean. The towels were soft and spotless. The sheets and cover were oh so soft and high quality. The mattress was very comfortable and I slept better than I had slept in months.
Need a respite from this busy world? Visit Inn Victoria!

Room Tip: I liked my room because it had a hot tub in the large bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ShirleyFlorida
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Aaaahhhhhh, and you needed the rest. We are pleased it worked so well for you my friend. God Bless.
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Great location right in downtown Chester. Close to several ski resorts. Also plenty to do near by year round. But, the best part is the food. From the fresh baked goods to the amazing breakfest, you will always leave satisfied. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank cutiemcwhisker
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!
New Jersey
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Dan, Penny and Jess just take care of you like you are family to them. The warmth you feel when you enter is like putting on an old sweater, comfortable, clean and oh so warm! Our 2nd time staying here and there will be a third, fourth etc... We always stay in the Princess Helena and will always stay in this room. The size, location, bathroom, the fireplace, the tub, the outside deck all make it wonderful. You cannot beat the price it is extremely reasonable for the quality, the service and the breakfast that you get. My wife and I work high stressful jobs we wanted an annual place to go unplug, unwind and relax and the Inn Victoria is it! Plus the Sheets are amazing and you can buy them there for cheap!!!! Dan mentioned to us "we keep the price low so you can always feel like you are here when you go home! Can't wait till our return visit in December!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TopGeekNJ
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Wow....we are for a loss of words. Thank You. We are truly grateful.
Brandon, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The door to the Inn was opened for us by a man in a red tailcoat and a black top hat. He seemed to be expecting us and after warmly greeting us we were cheerfully introduced to Jessica, the assistant innkeeper. Jessica gave us a brief overview of the operation (sweet treats for the taking, a library of DVDs, the take-one-leave-one wine cellar, the cozy hearth in the parlor, the coffee and tea bar, the tray of tiny glasses for an offering of aperitifs). Then we sat down for High Tea. Just the right balance between elegant and casual. We had reserved the smallest and cheapest room, which was lovely, comfortable and completely sufficient for our needs. Before bed we took advantage of the sweet treat (spice cake), the DVD library, and the aperitif. All great. (The room was a bit warm for our liking - we keep our house quite cool - but we were able open the window for some fresh air.) Breakfast was wonderful and we had a chance to meet some of the other guests while we ate. For someone on a budget it was a very affordable luxury. Great value while still making you feel pampered.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John P
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you so much. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us in spite of the too warm room. We recently fixed the radiator in that room and it is performing better than expected. I need to be more mindful and crank down the heat a bit in that room.
Take care....and keep smiling!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Grafton Inn
Hugging Bear Inn & Shoppe
Motel in the Meadow
Motel in the Meadow
#1 of 1 in Chester

Been to Inn Victoria? Share your experiences!