“So impressive!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
Princeton, New Jersey
“So impressive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at Inn Victoria for two nights in August as participants of the 100 on 100 relay race. Penny and Dan were incredibly hospitable and professional, effortlessly accomodating our every need. We were delighted with our room, the Princess Victoria, which was a charming, spacious, and beautifully quaint suite with a large, light filled bathroom that was awesomely modern. We don't have a lot of experience with B&B's...we generally stay at top flight hotels in major cities. We have very high standards and Inn Victoria exceeded every one of them! Penny and Dan think of every detail for a guest's comfort and convenience. And the food was to die for! We have been converted and will be back many times again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you......we so enjoyed having you. God Bless

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Hampden, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn Victoria last month as part of the Vermont Inn to Inn Walking Tour. Each day participants of this tour walk an average of 10 miles per day. The Inn Victoria was a welcome sight at the end of the day's walk! The Cote family was very welcoming and gracious. We stayed in the Princess Helena room-lovely, with a welcoming deck and hot tub. The bathroom had twin shower heads-totally relaxing after a long walk. We had a delicious supper and breakfast before heading out the next morning for another day of walking. Another note: we had brought a DVD with us in case there was a B&B on our tour that had a tv with a DVD player in our room. The Cotes very graciously offered the living area to view our movie on a HUGE projector screen. We felt very pampered throughout our visit!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bevwilson87
Penellope C, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
We are thrilled you enjoyed it. It truly is a relaxing and fun experience isn't it!!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I returned to Inn Victoria for our first anniversary. We had a fabulous time when we were married there last year. We couldn't wait to return and we weren't disappointed. The Cote family and their amazing assistant, Jess, treated us like family. The food was fabulous and the house and Prince Albert room had many luxuries, including access to a hot tub! Thanks for giving us more wonderful memories! We hope to make Inn Victoria an annual destination.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank teachmoor
Penellope C, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
The BEST!!!!......wow, thank you!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I have stayed in many B & B's; some good, some not so good. The irony of all this is I had to return to my home town to stay in one of the best. I had not visited Chester, Vermont for many years but felt it was time. I had looked at the many offerings that Chester has for lodging and decided on the Inn Victoria based on it's reviews here. How delightful this inn is. From the moment I checked in, I felt like a VIP. Jessica had the place humming like a well oiled machine, yet everyone relaxed and was well fed with all the amazing breakfast offerings. The beds are comfy and each room is a delight with it's own little theme going on. I stayed in the Princess Beatrice room which is small, yet so sweet as it overlooks the common. It is PERFECT for one person. I definately will return here and thank Jess for making my stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: Be sure to enjoy the tea also included in your stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ardenbgood
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you so much! We are especially blessed to be innkeepers in this lovely village, your home. For us to be able to call this place our home as well is a privilege indeed. Hope to C U soon. God Bless
Seymour, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Inn Victoria is a wonderful Victorian B & B in the lovely town of Chester, VT. My husband and I have stayed at several B & Bs and Inn Victoria is perfection! Not only are the rooms gorgeous, we stayed for six nights in Prince Leopold, but the breakfasts are suburb and all three innkeepers are just amazing people! I felt like we had known them forever. I would love to have Dan and Penny as a neighbor and I told Jessica she was like one of my daughters! We got to see all of the rooms and every one is just beautiful. The bed was extremely comfy. One afternoon I wanted to just lie down for an hour or so and it turned into several. The bed is that comfortable! I had read beforehand about the sheets being top quality. They are. We came home with two queen size sets! The breakfasts were superb, prepared with fresh ingredients, and beautifully presented on china each morning. We love tea and the selection was incredible. We were fortunate to be able to experience Inn Victoria's High Tea. The tea sandwiches and pastries were phenomenal. If you are a guest of the Inn there is no charge for High Tea and should not be missed. If your travels take you through Chester you can still experience High Tea by making reservations ahead of time. My husband and I found many things to do in the Okemo Valley area during our stay and many wonderful restaurants. Leslie's The Tavern at Rockingham was our favorite. It is fine dining so is a bit pricey but worth every penny. If you need ANYTHING Dan, Penny, or Jessica will go out of their way to help you out. Just ask. My husband and I both agreed that this was one of our most relaxing vacations we have ever had. Gorgeous Inn, cozy bed, superb food, amazing innkeepers, beautiful scenery. Life doesn't get much better than this. We cannot wait to return and see "family" again. Love you guys!

Room Tip: Just want to say that all the rooms are gorgeous and unique. Princesses Louise and Beatrice are defi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TrippysDoe
Penellope C, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you, we are blessed indeed!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

When we walk in the door we are greeted with warmth and hugs, along with some real good goodies on the table by the door. We are treated better than Family and enjoy the fellowship not only with the Inn Keepers but also with the other guests. This was at least our 5th visit, and love every minute of it. Thank you, Dan, Penny and Jessica!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank whittfla
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...........keep smiling!
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

The appearance and decor of this inn truly live up to the name. It's a beautiful Victorian atmosphere but at the same time completely comfortable and cozy. Once you sit on the couches in the beautiful parlor (that seems the appropriate word), you may not ever want to get up. However the bedrooms are so comfortable and lovely that you won't want to miss out on them! My room was delightful and I was able to look at the unoccupied rooms and they were all amazing. The porch has comfortable rockers and you'll be lured into walking along the sidewalks in Chester since it's such a nice town. I arranged my schedule so that I would be here on one of the days that High Tea is served and am so glad that I did. The food was incredible and plentiful and the selection of beautiful teacups and teas surely can't be topped anywhere else. Breakfast also was scrumptious. I had written that I was allergic to nuts and they took the time to plan menus that were all safe. Penny, Dan, and Jessica are genuinely wonderful people. Penny is so joyful and caring that you'll wish she was your next-door neighbor! If you have the opportunity don't miss the Inn Victoria experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank NYYVA
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you so much!........we are especially glad you were able to arrange your schedule to take in High Tea. We are thrilled you loved it! High Tea is available every day at 3PM and at no additional cost for guests staying as an Inn guest....all we ask is for a reservation a couple of hours ahead. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your exceptional experience!

God Bless
Penny, Dan & Jessica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Grafton Inn
#3 of 7 in Ludlow
The Inn at Weston
The Inn at Weston
#1 of 3 in Weston

Been to Inn Victoria? Share your experiences!