“Not surprised!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
Willoughby, Ohio
“Not surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We're not surprised that this B&B is rated #1 in the area. We had a great stay there as part of the Inn to Inn hike in Vermont. We received excellent and personalized treatment. The room was very clean and well appointed. There were more than ample linens (including slippers and bathrobes!). The staff went well out of their way to make our visit and hike a great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marianne S
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
aaahhhhhh, wonderful. The Inn to Inn Walking Tour is truly fabulous! Thank you for taking the time to tell us so!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I booked the Inn Victoria in Chester as I had heard the Afternoon Teas there were very good and since my Mum was visiting this seemed the perfect place to take her on the last night of her New England Tour. I am so glad I did!

The Inn is situated on Main Street, Chester VT a sleep Vermont town. Plenty of parking up front a very comfortable porch to sit on an while away the day while watching the world go by. From the moment we walked in the door, Jessica the Inn manager greeted us like family and her energy and enthusiasm were perfect. She showed us our rooms, Princess Helena on the ground floor for my Mum was perfect with large sleigh bed, clawfoot bath and private porch, Princess Beatrice on the first floor was a good size and Prince Leopold on the 3rd floor was where I stayed (the bed did have a bit of a dip in it though - other beds in the other rooms were apparently very comfortable). All rooms were very well furnished with period antiques and books and Jessica showed us the other rooms which were just as impressive if not more so! Princess Alice is a suite and all the rooms were very well decorated.

We had asked for Afternoon Tea for 4 pm which even though they usually only do it on weekends, they did one for us on a Tuesday and it was excellent! Not only does Jessica manage the Inn, she is also an excellent baker/cook and she whipped up some delicious scones, canapes (cucumber and pate on a wafer- very refreshing on that hot day), little sandwiches (amazing!), chococlate covered strawberries and more! This was accompanied by an extensive selection of tea to choose from and you get to choose your own tea cup and tea pot of which there is quite a collection. Jessica did a great job! Her homemade yellow curd and imported cottage cream were superb. This Afternoon Tea experience really made my Mums trip and was just perfect. If you are looking for a unique New England/Vermont experience this would be it! To highlight the extra mile the Inn goes to in treating their guests well, Jessica pulled me aside and told me she had baked a birthday cake for my Mum and put it in her room with plates/forks etc as a surprise for later. Well it was a very special treat for my Mum thats for sure. Thank you Jessica you made the our experience!

I should point out the interior of Inn Victoria is very eclectic with Victoria style sofas, pictures, glassware, furniture etc etc...there are even two crystal glass decanters serving brandy and something else (I forget what) all day. Very civilized for that after dinner drink. They also have an extensive selection of wine bottles to chose from (pick one and replace it is the method).

I can highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking for the real New England experience especially for the level of service you will receive. This place is definitely unique (in a very good way) and you leave feeling like you really have to go back in the Winter when I am sure another unique experience is waiting.

Good luck and dont hesitate to give it a try.

Room Tip: Princess Helena or Princess Alice for the large room effect
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andy S
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review.....I promise to look at that bed immediately! We are so pleased your mom had an enjoyable stay with us.
hudson valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

As a very early Spring lone guest, I was given family treatment. Kim warmly welcomed me, showed me to my room and invited me to explore.

There was much to see, a cozy sitting area chock full of books and movies, a fireplace, and a large movie screen all of which I was urged to enjoy. Soft drinks, tea and coffee were stocked for my taking in the informal parlour, and the table was beautifully set for me in the formal parlour.

Up a lovely staircase, I had a tiny, romantic room with a private bath across the hall. If you frequent the bathroom at night, consider getting a room with plumbing within its walls.

In my armoir was hung a thick, heavy white bathrobe and matching slippers. The bed beckoned with piles of pillows, shoulder wrap, and serene colors. I almost did not leave it for dinner. I had a lovely time with Penny, the owner, chatting over dinner at the local Pub, and talked her ear off again at breakfast.

I went to breakfast enveloped in the terry robe. Breakfast was delicious: a baked apple with mascarpone, a cakey cinnamon doughnut, eggs over-easy with a fresh slurry of tomato and herbs, sausage and delicious coffee. Lots of delicious coffee. It was a delightful, lazy stay, with an environment that encouraged indulging.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank whootowl
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Wonderful....thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We are so pleased you enjoyed the morning robe....so cuddly.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We just spent three nights at this wonderful B&B while in VT for a ski/family reunion. We knew we were onto something special when someone took our luggage up to our room, while we removed our wintry boots to preserve the cleanliness of the carpets. From this point, it was all up hill: Kim was extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. Jessica's energy will put any alarm clock or brand of coffee to shame as a wake up tool to start your morning--smiles, laughter, energy, curiosity and just plain fun to chat with. Although living a very busy lifestyle, Penny & Dan immediately make you feel at home and ready to do just about anything to make your stay the best ever. The room & bed were comfortable and accommodating; breakfasts were filling and plentiful, leaving no room for lunch, which worked perfectly for us, since we'd rather spend our time on the mountain than in a ski area cafeteria. We left with hugs and smiles from all; a nice gift to take from anywhere. We'll be back. If you haven't experienced it yet, I encourage you to do so. -Peg & Rico

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rico B
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Peg and Rico...we miss you! Thank you for taking the time to write a note. We are thrilled you had a great stay. God Bless, see you again soon.
West Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I was a bit disappointed with the room, we got one of the smaller rooms and wow it was small, so small that the bathroom didn't even have a door just kinda a half screen (so no privacy when having to use the bathroom). The inn keepers were very friendly. The breakfast was just average, I was disappointed that there wasn't an option of breakfast like all the other bed and breakfasts I have been to.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SamanthaMin
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Samantha, An Exceptional Experience is what Inn Victoria is known for...we hope you will return to to enjoy it. I realize that your, one night stay, did not provide you with enough time to enjoy our home's amenities; High Tea, wine with other guests in the parlor, fresh baked goods, and more. We look forward to your return; book a larger room with the amenities you were expecting & experience the Inn at its fullest. Please reserve with me personally.

Here is what the Web site and your confirmation say about the room you booked.

Princess Beatrice is one of our smaller rooms. It is cozy and warm with a modern in-room shower and bath. This room is perfect for a discerning couple on a budget or a business person who wants the "Inn Victoria experience" within a business budget. Although smaller than most of our rooms, it remains a striking atmosphere with its careful appointment to detailed antiques from the bed to the furniture.

Princess Beatrice offers: 26" flat-screen TV with cable, DVD, Wi-Fi, iPhone radio/clock system, seasonal air conditioning, and impeccably appointed queen bed, triple sheeted with luxurious silky linens atop a feather mattress topper and finished with as many pillows as you like. This room offers an idyllic view of main street's village green, a picturesque scene from the days before TV, radio, cell phones, and computers. The in-room bath added in the spring of 2010 is partially partitioned to the room.
Can't wait for your return!
tolland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary over MLK weekend with an incredible stay at The Victorian Inn. Penny, Dan, and Jessica are the three of the warmest and most welcoming people that we've ever met. It's quite obvious that they love what they do and most importantly that they love people and it shows! We took part in High Tea which we would recommend to anyone as it was so relaxing and the food was tremendous. We stayed in The Princess Victoria Suite which was one of the most beautiful rooms (actually three rooms) that we have ever had. The breakfasts were fantastic and very filling and the homemade cookies on hand at all times were perfect for my sweet tooth. It was so nice to meet the other guests at the Inn and we feel like we made new friends. We just want to say "Thank You" for everything and we can't wait to return. See you soon and have a great day!

Room Tip: We were able to peek in a few of the other rooms and they all look true to the website.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharnbri
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
WOW thank you. We are so pleased you had a great 30th. Thank you for taking the time to send such a powerful review
God Bless
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Inn Victoria was the best experience I have ever had at a Bed and Breakfast, as well as any hotel. My plan was to spend a weekend away at Inn Victoria and propose to my girlfriend while I was there. A month prior, I contacted the Inn Victoria and spoke with innkeeper, Jess Knisley about my plans. She and the staff at Inn Victoria helped to make the experience exactly how I pictured it and went above and beyond to assure that my proposal would be perfect. Needless to say, I am now engaged and have the Inn Victoria and Jess to thank for such a wonderful experience from the house setting to accommodating all of my needs in both the weeks leading up to our visit to our time at the inn. Jess even upgraded our room for the occasion!

I should add that the 3-course breakfast each day is amazing that will leave you full well past lunch time. I highly recommend the high tea in the afternoon as well for not only the experience but for the finger foods provided. The staff seems to truly enjoy working at the Inn Victoria and do a great job of wanting to make their guests as comfortable as possible.

I look forward to visiting the Inn Victoria again in the future and will highly recommend it to my friends and family a great location to stay for any occasion.

Room Tip: Prince Leopold is on the top floor with a private bathroom. Affordable price for a comfortable room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Doug, thank you so much for recognizing our efforts....we are especially pleased that she said "YES"!!!!!!!!! Good for the two of you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Grafton Inn
Stone Hearth Inn and Tavern
Andrie Rose Inn
Andrie Rose Inn
#3 of 7 in Ludlow

Been to Inn Victoria? Share your experiences!