My girlfriend and I recently returned from a four-day, three night getaway to picturesque Chester, Vermont and Inn Victoria. Though we were there primarily for the skiing at nearby Okemo, it is the warm hospitality and charm of the Inn Victoria’s proprietors – Jon and Julie – that we will remember. It is clear that Jon and Julie have poured their heart and soul into this bed and breakfast and it shows in these glowing reviews – all of which are right on the money. The only disappointing part of our trip was getting back in the car to return to reality via I-91 ;(
Accommodations: We stayed in the Prince Alfred room and Princess Helena room, both of which were lovingly decorated and plushly appointed. My girlfriend made liberal use of the clawfoot soaking tub in the Helena room, while I thoroughly enjoyed working out muscle soreness in the semi-private hot tub, as we watched the stars come out at night.
Food – in a word, exquisite. Each morning Julie presented us with a delectable three-course breakfast that threatened to add on the poundage. During our three night stay, we were spoiled by dishes such as pineapple, yogurt and granola parfait; the apple, pear and ginger crepes, and the ham and cheese strata (an addicting close cousin to a croque monsieur). In addition to the breakfast fare, little treats such as brownies, cakes and cookies are available throughout the day, as are coffee, tea, and bottled water.
However, The true value of the Inn Victoria is not to be found in house amenities (which are plentiful) or culinary treats (which are top notch), but in the warmth and good cheer of its hosts, Julie and Jon. Both went well beyond the required duties and services one might expect at a highly-rated inn. Pampering aside, I think my girlfriend and I most enjoyed our numerous friendly chats with the two of them at the breakfast table and in front of the fire. They are the true attractions of the Inn Victoria, and I cannot recommend this B&B enough.
We hope to return as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Victorian Inn located on the village green in Chester, where you'll find great restaurants and fascinating shops. We have nine romantic guest rooms and suites all with Queen or King bed and furnished with beautiful antiques. Each room has a private bathroom, (some with Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub) with quality toiletries, fluffy towels and guest robes. But best of all is the warm and genuine "Royal" welcome to your "Palace" in Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Inn Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Victoria Hotel Chester
- Inn Victoria Chester, Vermont