“Perfect for me”

Ranked #7 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect for me”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I am a tea drinker and this is the first place in North America where I have been served excellent quality leaf tea in a pot so I loved it. But there is more to Rose Arbour, located in the lovely town of Chester. The building is beautifully maintained as a period home which has been cleverly adapted as tea shop and B&B. The host Susanne is very welcoming but not overwhelming. The gardens host lots of lovely native birds - blue jays, cardinals, chickadees, finches as well as chipmunks and squirrels. Breakfasts were home cooked and delicious. For me this was a perfect place to relax and recharge after a few weeks of travelling, Sharing a bathroom did not present any issues.I did a couple of short walks around the town and enjoyed time in the book shop, but mostly sat on the verandah drinking tea, reading and watching the local birds.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
chester
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is a gem of a place hidden down School street just off of the Village Green. We are local so we have never stayed but the food, tea, and shop is fantastic. A great place to have one of the owners "famous scones" and a cup of tea!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Northfield, Vermont
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I took my wife here for high tea to celebrate her birthday. It was spectaular. The service was absolutely perfect. The tea was special and the food was out of this world. I had planned a special event for her birthday and coordinated with Rose Arbour to make the day special. I cannot tell you how very pleased I was with every details. I highly recomend Rose Arbour. You wont be dissapointed! -Gerard

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lavarnwa
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed on my own for five nights during the week while in the process of buying a house in the area and was totally charmed.

There are only 3 rooms, but as I was a mid-week guest I had the 2nd floor to myself. My room was cozy and comfortable, and the breakfast was very nice. The breakfast room, which is also the tea room, looks out over a range of birdfeeders always busy with birds in the morning.

Suzanne, who makes all her own baked goods for the lunches and teas, was a charming hostess and very helpful as I had lots of questions about where to find things in the local area. She's also a local artist and has some of her work displayed.

The tea shop itself is sweet and I couldn't help buying a few things before I left. Living in England, I was also impressed by the quality of the tea, and I often stopped back in the late afternoon to have a cup or two.

Once I move to Vermont, I'll certainly be back as a regular customer for the tea and secret recipe scones!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Translatlantic_Girl
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We were the only guests the night, besides the two dogs, the cat and the owner - we felt very good and like in another century in this house - the breakfast room is in a very nice decorated gift shop - lovely place to stop for the night

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank ohe333
saratoga Springs, ny
Reviewed 19 October 2011

When traveling through Chester, Vermont last week, we observed a small sign on the main street saying "lunch". The lunch venue was a small cafe inside the Rose Arbour B&B. The mention of the specials of butternut soup and Guiness braised beef inticed us to enter this cozy restaurant on a chilly autumn day. We were warmly greeted by the hostess and were immediately seated and told the specials. My wife ordered the Guiness Braised Beef and I ordered a turkey panini with pesto-mayo and cranberries. We were both delighted as the flavors of both dishes were creatively crafted with layers of flavors that blended perfectly. The chef is totally dedicated to perfecting her cooking skills and proved her worth to me a retired chef-owner of sevceral successful restaurants. I would recommend this highly as a perfect place to enjoy fine food and a welcoming atmosphere. Quaint and lovely is this tea shop. I will make the Rose Arbour Tearoom a lunch destination often in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter K
Sioux Center, Iowa
Reviewed 10 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here when attending the wedding of friends. It has lovely accommodations -- nice bedrooms and a great living room that is perfect for an afternoon of reading and relaxation. There is also a nice wraparound porch if you prefer to sit outside. The food and the tea were delicious! In addition to the complimentary breakfast, we also had lunch here. I had the cheddar/apple quiche and recommend it to anyone. Suzy, the innkeeper, went out of her way to make our stay restful and enjoyable. We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marj2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Grafton Inn
#6 of 9 in Chester
The Upper Pass Lodge
The Upper Pass Lodge
#1 of 4 in Londonderry

Been to Rose Arbour Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!