I went back and forth between choosing excellent and very good, but chose very good, because there is room for improvement AND we still had a wonderful experience. We will go back and see if they have made the improvements. The room was very clean and spacious. The view spectacular. One of the windows was broken (couldn't open) and needed a screen. They couldn't fix it while we were there but appreciated that we let them know, so hopefully they will fix it for the next person. Most of the service was excellent, friendly and helpful. There were a couple of people who were not as nice as most, so hopefully they will work on that. The restaurant is absolutely divine. We were a little wary, because sometimes when you're a "captive audience" (there are no other restaurants convenient to this getaway) the food can be uninspired. This was not the case. I had the best lamb chops I have ever had and my partner had a really delicious vegetarian ravioli. Every meal was special. We were there for burger night, which can be a problem for a vegetarian, but they had a veggie burger offering. We went for our first horseback ride ever. Went hiking on the trails. Because this place is pricey, expectations are high for exceptional service all around. So there needs to be a little more training in that area. But I highly recommend a stay there. We enjoyed it very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden