My wife and I visited the Mountain Top Inn in August for our elopement. It was the best experience of our lives. We were married at dawn by the lake, then spent a week riding horses, kayaking, shooting, and generally having the time of our lives at this amazing resort.
The staff were just the best people ever. They upgraded us to the honeymoon suite at no charge, and were impossibly friendly and excellent in every way. When we returned home, I had forgotten my suit there and needed it asap for interviews -- when I called, they express-mailed it to me the next day. But this doesn't begin to describe how awesome everyone there is. I just hope they let me know if they ever visit New York, so I can buy them dinner here in thanks for being such great people.
If you get married here, and I HIGHLY endorse this as the place to do it, contact Kathy Hall to do the ceremony. She was just amazing. After our wedding, we woke up the next morning to flowers from her. When we return to the Mountain Top Inn for our wedding proper in a year or two (we just had our elopement, so our wedding will come up later), I hope she'll still be available.
Go here. Get married here. Bring your family here. It's the most beautiful place in the world, filled with the best people in the world. Given the size and beauty of the landscape, I'm very tempted to return in winter next time -- the sledding and skiing possibilities are endless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden