If a warm and accommodating staff, delicious meals, a relaxing bar, and a comfortable, secluded inn with an outstanding view of a lake and the Green Mts. are your requirements for a great vacation, Mountain Top Inn must be your destination. We loved it, for the third time.
From the moment we called to make an inquiry and then a reservation, the front desk staff was professional and friendly. Their recommendations were precise and fulfilled all of our needs.
Upon arrival, after a pleasant uphill drive which we knew was taking us away from the vibrant downtown of Rutland, we immediately were embraced by the stillness of the mountains and the views. The staff again was wonderful and explained the special events that were happening, such as their popular brew and burger night, during our August visit. We were there for a special occasion, and our lakeview room was as beautiful as seen online. Even though the inn was busy, we never felt crowded, there being several parlor and game areas. However, with beautiful weather, being outside by the lake or on the trails are the reasons that we come to Vermont.
As stated, this was our third trip. Our first two were to cross-country ski. And, we have already booked a return trip for this March, looking forward to enjoying the trails, this time on skies. The cross country and horseback riding center are within walking distance of the inn, with a very helpful staff.
And, one additional mention of the staff; we cannot thank them enough for directing us to a delicious local bakery, an outstanding florist, and a sweet and warm justice of the peace. Their personal and caring attention to our needs made our special day one that fulfilled all of our expectations. They usually do big, tented weddings, but our's was treated as special as any other. "Thank you" to them, again.
Mountain Top Inn is a classic Vermont inn, due to its location, its offerings, and its staff. It will continue to be a favorite destination for us, whatever season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden