My family recently stayed at MTI and were pleasantly surprised by everything we encountered. I cannot rate the location, staff and amenities highly enough.
The best part of the resort is definitely the location. Located in the mountains, every view is spectacular. More amazing is the Reservoir that the resort sits above. Not only does it complete the landscape, but it is readily accessible to resort guests. During our stay it seemed as if the Resevoir was utilized by only resort guests. Even among guests, the beach was always quiet. Surrounded by forrest, we enjoyed canoeing, kayaking, swimming, sun bathing and building sand castles. It is by far the most peacful beach I have ever visited.
Despite being in a very natural setting, the resort offers many upscale amenities. The heated outdoor pool and hot tube are beautiful. The patio area has been completed very tastefully to match the scenery. Changing rooms are clean, luxurious and well stocked with bright white towels and toiletries. My children enjoyed a movie in the new "theatre" on comfy bean bag chairs with a big screen TV. The fitness room appeared well equipped; however, we were so busy with outdoor activities we never used it.
Rooms at the inn are just what one might imagine. They radiate warmth. Again, the decor has been well thought out. In addition, anything you might want is within arm's reach in shared sitting rooms. We could sit and enjoy a magazine, board game or utilize the wifi throughout the lodge, including our room. Important to me was the resorts cleanliness. I was not disappointed in my room or throughout the lodge. Housekeeping and landscaping staff were clearly visible and everything was perfectly manicured.
The staff at MTI was extremely accomodating and friendly. It almost felt as if they were extended family members you WANTED to see. It seemed as if each staff member truly enjoyed being at the resort as much as we did. Staff was always smiling and quickly and eagerly met all requests.
This was definitely our families favorite vacation at a fraction of what we typically spend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden