My husband, two young daughters and I stayed at the Mountain Top In July 1-4th. The Inn is beautifully appointed with a "lodge style" decor. The rooms are each unique - we stayed in two different rooms and both were a good size, very nicely decorated with gorgeouse views of the mountain and lake.
There is a retaurant and tavern onsite. We ate there almost exclusively. Breakfast was included in our Groupon package. The buffet included a full array of hot and cold items - all delicious. There is a patio where lunch and dinner are served. The food was very good - we sampled over half of the menu! The turkey wraps were made with gorganzola, sesame seeds, cranberry currant and blueberries -a unique mix and sooo yummy. We also had the scallops, beef tenderloin and the cheese board with a selection of VT cheeses - fantastic. (Can you tell I'm Italian? It's ALL about the food!).
The lake has complimentary canoes and kayaks. There is a pontoon boat that takes you on a one hour tour of the lake - so peaceful yet the kids enjoyed it, too! There are many places to sit and enjoy the view - two large lobby areas with couches, chairs and rockers overlooking the grounds and the mountains. There is an outdoor pool with lounge chairs, table and umbrellas surrounding.
They recently built a large barn on the property where weddings/events are held. The first floor of the barn has a decent size workout room, a small game room with pinball and video games and a "movie room" with a large flatscreen and beanbag chairs for the kids.
There is a firepit on the patio. For five dollars you can purchse a plate of smores fixings and the kids can toast marshmellos and make their treats - lots of fun!
We will definitely be back and highly recommend the Inn. Keep in mind that you are about 20-30 minutes from Rutland, a large commercial town so, stop on the way if you need toiletries or room snacks!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden