My husband and I attended a wedding here a few weeks ago, and let me first say we love Vermont. It is a state that has so many amazing virtues and beautiful vistas so we were so looking forward to a weekend in the green mtn. State. I also travel a lot and stay in a wide range of places from high end resorts to simple guest houses. However, the mountain top inn is one that I cannot recommend and will not return to. The views are indeed beautiful but the building is very dated and in need of obvious repairs, there was little to no attention to detail(our basement room faced a field where lawn games were being played so to have any privacy the blinds had to be drawn completely darkening the room- and you needed privacy given that they put a toilet directly in front of one window! Blinds that go from the bottom up would have been a simple solution had anyone thought it through). Staff was not at all helpful and often rude, they up charge for everything (don't forget your toothpaste) and the food was truly AWFUL. I bit into a raw chicken skewer, my husband's potato was rock hard and inedible, and breakfast (again an up charge) consists of cold eggs, flavorless french toast and uncooked sausage. I wish we were alone in our displeasure but many other guests mentioned how this "resort" just seemed to miss the mark given what you'd expect for $200+ a night. Given all the amazing inns and B&Bs in Vermont skip the Mountain Top and stay where you get what you pay for- or at least come close! If you do stay double check you bill- ours had erroneous charges and we were given grief when I asked that they be removed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden