I went here for an event and was a little disappointed. Totally cute location, building and ambiance, but it fell behind in some of its basic functionality. The rooms I looked in were total cabin in the woods, what you should expect from a New England Lodge Resort. I had quail wallcovering with matching window treatments. The bathroom had a nice size jet tub enclosed with a overhead shower.
The problems were discovered upon closer inspection and over time. The room was uncomfortably warm and dry which made it somewhat difficult to sleep. I am usually always cold but this was one of those rare instances where sleeping above the covers still didn't satisfy. I overheard my neighbor at breakfast say they had to open their window to cool off (40 degrees and raining outside). I did not see any controls in the room so that did seem like their only option.
I thought it would be fantastic to take a big bubble bath, but I noticed a good deal of what appeared to be black mold on the tub surround wall tile. I decided to stick with a shower for fear that the bath experience would be disturbing. Not that it was, I just had a fear to find out. The last disappointment was that the fire alarm went off at 6:30am and again at 6:45am in the hallway, for unknown reasons. I knew the sound transmission to the corridor was bad the night before when I mistook house keeping knocking on the door next to me as being my door, but it was even more evident when you are tucked under your pillows hiding from an alarm that the front desk informs you is some sort of false alarm.
I may have just had a bad experience, and like I said the place was really cute and cozy. The breakfast buffet was small but tasty and the service was friendly. If they can tackle the dry heat issue and the black grout at the shower tile it would make guests, at least me and my talkative neighbor's stay much more pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden