This is not the first time we've been to the Mountain Top. We've been 4 times over the years and pretty much anyone with bring with us returns as well. We didn't want to stay home for New Year's, but we didn't want to go too far either so we thought of The Mountain Top since there's a lot to do and I know that they've added some amenities and they had a New Year's package. We left our adult children to theiir own devices and drove up on Monday with a check out of Wednesday. We got the package that was $665 with New Year's dinner, both breakfasts and the party in the barn on NYE. We got lucky and got the Mamie's Retreat Suite. It was beautiful! Remember this is a New England Inn: it's supposed to be rustic not sleek and swanky. There are a lot of gathering areas and the tavern was great. This was a very busy time and you could tell the staff was rushed off their feet but never lost their cool and the food was great. The dinner NYE was far better than we expected with very nice choices and super quality. The sledding hill is EPIC. We tried both cross country skiing and snow shoeing....prefer snow shoeing: didn't fall down. Both great work outs. We took advantage of the Yoga in the new barn. That was harder than we expected but felt great. Back to the room...two flat screen TVs; one in the bedroom, one in the living room. Fireplace in both and a huge remodelled bathroom with a massage tub. Bedding was super high quality with extra pillows. There was a kitchenette as well but we didn't use it. They put coffee out very early so we didn't even need to make it in the room. The staff are great and the service outstanding. The only one downside: no wifi in the rooms. There is wifi in the living room and no cell service at all. I care less about the cell service than the wifi. They just need to put routers in like they did in the barn. They have a shuttle to Killington as well. All in all it really is a perfect New England experience and great for children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden