This is my first review on trip advisor. We just got back after spending a Sunday - Thursday at Mountain Top Inn and were not disappointed at all! Travelled with my husband and 2 children aged 5 years. We all had a great time! Were very satisfied with our room on the second floor (room 228) overlooked the parking lot but we were only in the room to sleep with blinds closed or for an afternoon nap. Cleaning staff were quick and efficient straightening up while were were at breakfast. Good selection on the buffet breakfast table; had the choice of eating indoors with A/C or on their absolutely lovely terrace. As was the case last year, tavern food was very good and very reasonably priced (under $15 for salads, sandwich, burger type food). Good quality, excellent selection of local beers on tap (about 7 or more types). Had a meal off the dining room menu - swordfish and it was good as well, good not great but I am not fussy on rich meals ($25-$35 per plate). Excellent homemade ice cream and good selection of items on kids' menu.
Haven't even mentioned the grounds and amenities. Beautiful barn with gym, yoga studio, movie room and archade. Kids loved the pool & hot tub. We loved the beach with the free use of canoes, kayaks, paddle board, etc.
While we aren't really horse people, the horses were beautiful and we enjoyed hiking on the surrounding trails which are part of the Green Mountain Forest.
Writing this review makes me happy thinking of the memories of our two visits to this property. It is a hidden gem for us. Thanks to the groupon/social living offer for making this more affordable for us, two years in a row. We liked it so much that I think we would find it in our budget to go again next year and pay the full price if we have to.
I do have to admit that we are not high maintenance people and really like the outdoors and spending hours at the beach, by the pool, etc. I was pleased to be able to do 2 yoga classes (Monday and Wednesday) and was happy when the instructor (on Monday), Jodi, recognized me from last year! They also have large cottage/houses on their property which is a great option for larger groups and you can prepare your own meals or have a few at the Inn and prepare a few yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden