This place has a lot to offer. There is the main house/hotel area that has many rooms that are all slightly different but have great mountain decor. The ones facing down towards the water have a very nice view. Downstairs is the restaurant and bar area. Breakfast was just ok, but lunch and dinner in the bar area is superb. They have basic bar food and also some local Vermont things like the cheese plate, where you get to choose what kinds of local cheese you would like to have. There is also patio seating when the weather permits it.
If you are looking for something a little higher end and private try renting out one of the houses on property. They are all completely different and can accommodate a different amount of people. The prices are high for these but worth the treat if you can afford it. We were lucky enough to stay in the Jewel which was just perfect. You could sit on the deck all day and just stare at the views or during winter you could just cuddle up next to the fire and read a book or play a game.
The staff is very friendly and laid back in a good way. They have all sorts of summer and winter activities as well. We hope to return in winter to experience the winter ones, and Killington is right down the road. Its a great place to splurge if you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden