All reviewshorseback ridingthe barnsleigh ridechittenden reservoirwinter weddingskeet shootingwedding partygreen mountainshot tubpontoon boatbeautiful lakepool tablemountaintoptaverncabinvermontchelsea
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We are regular patrons here and stay several times per year. We typically stay in the lodge amd have stayed on every level from the smallest to the largest rooms. The staff here are professional and friendly and the rooms are excellent. Ine if the only places that I can stay other than the Hilton, Hyatt or Marriot that doesnt stir my allergies. The atmosphere is so comfortable. This IS the place to ring in fall. Beautiful views from the decks on the back of the lodge. Very laid back. Dont forget to say hello to the halloween kitty that hangs around under the gazebos! We have never been disappointed here. See you guys in a month or so

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Thank Shane and Yvonn... S
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My wife and I stayed at Mountain Top Inn & Resort in late August for a short two-night getaway. We booked the Mountain Top Serenity Spa Package - two nights + $200 spa credit for $705. I would highly recommend this resort. First and most importantly, the setting of the resort is very picturesque - a view overlooking a beautiful mountain and lake is a great view to have from your hotel room. The pictures don't do it justice.

While we were there, my wife and I each had two spa treatments - the couples massage together, the hot stone massage, and the stress fix massage. Each was fantastic and very relaxing. Probably the best spa experience we've ever had. The treatments are a little bit pricey, but the $200 off helps.

Besides the setting, our favorite thing about the resort was the fact that it felt empty the entire time. I'm sure the fact that we went from Wednesday - Friday helped with that, but it really felt like we were at an exclusive resort. We were literally the only people at the lakeside beach for several hours both days that we were there.

I've read several reviews of people complaining about the lack of cell service / WiFi, which is a valid concern, but didn't bother us at all. It was nice to be able to unplug for a few days and not be checking our phones every few seconds. And the WiFi does work fine in the main lobby / restaurant area, just not so great outside of that.

We ate all of our meals within the resort, and thought the food was very good. I also appreciated the wide selection of local craft beers at the Tavern, which was a nice touch.

Overall, we had a wonderful time during our short stay, and will definitely be returning in the future.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We were invited to a wedding here and decided to make a weekend of it. Overall the place was very nice but of course there is pros and cons. To start, no cell phone reception anyways in the area, and wifi was subpar at best. Getting past that and realizing we are there to relax and not use our phones its a minor con. The wedding was amazing, tastefully set up and executed very well. The food was very good and the service from the bar staff and waiters/waitresses was top notch. We did do some fishing however it was very slow, beach looks sufficient for what it is but it was cold so we didn't use it. The rooms in the inn left a little to be desired for the price. Old outdated furniture with a little bit of a smell when you walked in. We had a room on the first floor 212 and the lighting was nonexistent. Even with the lights fully on the room was dark. All said in done the wedding was a fantastic time and the venue felt small and intiment as we really only saw people we knew from the wedding party.

Room Tip: Get a view of the water not the parking lot
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Went to a wedding here. Wow, wow and wow. What a gorgeous view from the reception area, the barn (not really a barn you generally think about) was a perfect venue for the dinner, dancing and partying. The Vermont Green Mountains are to behold. If you are from down country and have never visited Vermont, give this resort a try. You will love it.

Room Tip: Didn't stay on site, so not sure, but it all looked great.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have just recently returned from a Wedding at the Inn. First off the view is simply unbelievable. The staff is outstanding. Always ready to help with a smile and a sense of politeness that is unmatched. That said the place is okay. Could be a bit cleaner and really updated a bit. There is much walking to be done, although a shuttle is available to transport people from building to building, I somehow found this a bit inconvenient. The wedding took place outside and the reception followed in the barn which was really decorated very nicely. The food well here is where they fell down a bit. The dinner was just okay.....really liked the deserts though.
I'm not sure of the prices as I was a guest but would imagine it wasn't inexpensive to say the least....if what you are looking for is simply the view...this place is for you!

Room Tip: certainly one with a view of the mountain...unfortunately our rooms view was the parking lot
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family