My wife and I had the good fortunate to stay at The Mountain Top Inn for a couple of nights this past week ( wk of 3/407). This was our first visit to this wonderful place. The experience was more that anyone can hope for in some many ways. Anyone looking for that little piece of heaven on earth has to make tracks to this place. This one will be very hard to beat.
It all started when I first spoke to Lindsey when I was making the reservation. Never having stayed at the inn, I wanted to get a nice room with a view. I was torn between a luxury suite, a chalet or one of the pet friendly cabins. Lindsey did a nice job describing the accommodations and ultimately I decided on the High Meadow Suite.
When we opened the door to the suite and saw the accommodations , than the view, we felt like we hit the lottery. Simply outstanding! Words cannot describe the experience. We left the hectic world behind and enjoyed the next few days in beautiful surroundings.
I also made dinner reservation for the two nights we stayed there. Since our stay coincided with the colds days of the year, we were glad we were dining at the Inn. My wife is a Vegan, so I called ahead to make sure they could accommodate her. Another home run! The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was just right. The dinners where awesome and the wines complemented the meals perfectly. Having the table next to the fireplace was just another way these folks go out of their way to make their guest feel special.
The services were great on every turn. Everyone one we met was friendly and they all tried to make our stay a pleasant one. Jeff, the assistant manager, (hope I got that right Jeff) turnout to be an excellent ambassador for the Inn. He spent time giving us a history of the Inn and we loved every minute of it.
Thanks to Steve, Diane, Sylvia, Jay, and Will the Chef, for making our stay memorable. Will was even kind enough to send us some receipts for a couple of the excellent culinary delights they prepared for us.
This is the place folks. If you are heading to VT, make this your first stop . You won’t regret it, and you won’t forget it for a very long time.
John & Lynn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located centrally, just 11 miles from Killington, The Mountain Top is the quintessential Vermont Mountain Resort. Set, literally, at the top of a mountain on a private road, the resort rests on 350 acres with sweeping views of the surrounding Green Mountains and a 740 acre lake (with private beach). With a variety of winter, summer and year-round activities, the Mountain Top is the perfect 4-season escape. Accommodation types include rooms and suites in the main lodge, Cabins and guest houses (guest houses are available for short & long term stays). Other amenities include Dining Room & Tavern (outdoor seating in summer), heated pool with a view, hot tub, brand new full service spa and salon, yoga classes, fitness center, tennis court, hiking and mountain biking trails, canoeing, pontoon boat rides, horseback riding, xc-skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, events, conferences and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Mountain Top Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountain Top Hotel Chittenden
- The Mountain Top Inn And Resort
- Mountain Top Hotel
- The Mountain Top Inn & Resort Vermont/Chittenden