“Fabulous inn with fine host”
Review of Fox Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chittenden
Fox Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Chittenden B&B and Inns
Kerrville, Texas
“Fabulous inn with fine host”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were on a gourmet hiking trip, inn-to-inn, and this was one of four inns we visited. We stayed for two nights. The inn has great curb appeal, nestled in the woods by a small brook. The rooms are really nice, and superbly furnished. Ours was air conditioned. The bathroom was huge, with two basins, a bath, and a shower. We enjoyed two evening meals and appetizers, and the inn has a small bar for wine and beers.

Very relaxing. Sit on the porch and listen to the water in the brook.

The inn is quite old, but has been beautifully kept, and recently improved.

We will go back if we get back to Vermont.

Room Tip: There are two rooms with air conditioning if the weather is hot. Otherwise all the rooms looked rea...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank swannzee
foxcreekinn, Owner at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
You were wonderful guests to have at Fox Creek Inn. Now and then I get an opportunity to enjoy some quiet time on the new front porch listening to the creek and the wind in the trees. I hope you get an opportunity to return for a visit in the autumn or winter to experience a completely different environment from the summer season. I'll look forward to seeing you again.

Susan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Just got back from a trip to Chittenden and the husband and I stayed at the Fox Creek Inn for an evening. We booked one night there and one night at the near by Mountain Top Inn. I am still kicking myself for not staying both nights at the Fox Creek Inn.

#1: The service is amazing. We were served home baked cookies and warm drinks right off the bat. The fire was roaring and everything felt clean, homey and sweet. The proprietor Susan is a GEM. I left my burberry coat there (had a heart attack when I figured it out) only to find that she had already delivered it to our hotel and it was waiting at the front desk! Now that is great customer service.

#2: There's a bar! She has a great wine list, which is crucial because lets face it, Vermont is pretty rural and you gotta trek into town to get a drink otherwise. So you can come home from a long hike or ski session and grab a bottle of wine to relax to.

#3 Price. The Mountain Top Inn was almost double the price and so not worth the cost. Its a lovely place, and we only stayed there because it was the wedding venue. But unless you are thinking of getting completely trashed at the wedding, just stay here and enjoy a nicer, quieter room at a way better value.

Highly recommend it here and would definitely go back if I have to visit the area again.

Room Tip: She lets you choose what room you want if there is low occupancy. Get the tour and pick your favorit...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zoomz
foxcreekinn, Owner at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thanks for the lovely review. I enjoyed our visit in the little pub at the inn and hope you'll come back again and try the new wines I've purchased.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Based at Fox Creek Inn for a February week of classic Vermont winter weather, I felt lucky to be in a place so homey and warm—and so handy to so many activities. Following an afternoon of snowshoeing around the nearby vast and silent reservoir or a beginner’s cross-country skiing lesson at Killington, my friends and I returned gratefully to the refreshments and comforts of the inn. And we felt the same welcome after the gentler ardors of shopping in and around Woodstock. Guestrooms are dedicated to various famous Vermonters and graced with personal touches. Many thanks and congratulations to Susan, the new owner and gracious innkeeper. Five stars!

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MduMond43
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Fox Creek Inn is a charming place. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. The common areas are warm and inviting. The innkeeper is welcoming and makes her guests feel at home. the location is convenient to various Vermont activities. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and recommend the inn highly.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 889AG
Gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Fox Creek Inn for a week in February!
The atmosphere there is one of warmth and comfort and the Inkeeper, Susan, was quite welcoming. Being there provided all the advantages of feeling at home - with someone else doing all the work! Nestled into the foot of a hill, the Inn is surrounded by woodlands with a stream running through the property. It is within easy reach of Rutland, Brandon, Woodstock, Killington, and Queechee for day trips. It was equally appealing to sit by the fire in the "snow globe" room and watch the snow falling all around you, to sit in your room to read, or to gather in the living room with Susan and friends for conversation. Susan keeps coffee, tea, and hot chocolate at the ready all day and evening. She also provides a great assortment of maps and information on the surrounding area. I highly recommend this Inn whether you are travelling solo, as a couple, or with friends or family!

Room Tip: I have seen all the rooms and each is lovely in its own way. You can pick your own from the picture...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Portland
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We came for a nearby wedding and were welcomed by Susan and the Fox Creek Inn. Upon arrival we were shown our room and then had a chance to sit with Susan and relax before our wedding.

We stayed in the Norman Rockwell room, very comfortable. It was such a welcoming place.

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

We will return for a longer get away in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I can't say enough about this wonderful Inn nestled into the beautiful hills of VT. It is not only picturesque, but warm and comfortable with the most attentive owner and staff. The accommodations were perfect. The food was exceptional and the location is near to all the winter sport activities. One couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chittenden
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort
Red Clover Inn & Restaurant
The Vermont Inn
The Vermont Inn
#2 of 3 in Mendon

Been to Fox Creek Inn? Share your experiences!