“Quaint and Picturesque”
Review of Fox Creek Inn

Fox Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Chittenden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We visited the Fox Creek Inn in early October. It's a quaint and picturesque spot set back in a scenic wooded area. It was the perfect place to be during the peak fall color season. Our room was quiet and cozy. Susan greeted us each morning with a tasty breakfast. Susan was a great hostess. She was always available and a joy to talk to. She recommended some beautiful scenic spots and restaurants near by. The town of Woodstock is a worthwhile side trip.

Some friends recommended the Fox Creek Inn when they learned we were travelling to Vermont. We are glad they did!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
foxcreekinn, Innkeeper at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thanks for the nice review and also for the photos...they're GREAT. It's nice when I can share some of the special places around Chittenden with my guests. I'll look forward to your next visit.

Susan

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Beautiful Inn, wonderful stay! This was our 2nd time here, we enjoy relaxing & visiting with the innkeeper and friends. She is a wonderful cook and person. Always look forward to her desserts! The decor, jacuzzi tubs, comfy beds, gas fireplaces and immaculate rooms make this Inn so SPECIAL!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Ron and I had a memorable three night stay at Fox Creek Inn in September and wish we could have stayed longer. Susan and her helper Joanne spoiled us completely during our stay by providing us exceptional hospitality, great food and conversation. Last week I made Susan's recipe for Veggie Frittata to take to a Meals Ministry family, but made sure I made enough for myself, too. We stayed in a suite right off the dining room on the first floor and loved it. I would recommend any of the rooms at the inn though. This is just such a wonderful place to stay. I'm looking forward to staying there again -- just longer next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We loved Susan, the innkeeper, who is so helpful, generous, and a great cook. We loved the place, so quiet, set off from the not-very-busy road, behind the creek. We had a wonderful time here and would encourage anyone to go, especially for the fall foliage and at wintertime.

Room Tip: Room #3 was nice!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
foxcreekinn, Owner at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

I really DID want to go home with you! Be sure that the next time I visit Dallas, i will call to say "Hello".

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I traveled to Vermont for the fall season and this was our first time in the state. We stayed 2 nights at the Fox Creek Inn and I would whole heartedly recommend staying here. The grounds were well kept and the inn itself was beautiful and clean. While my wife and I rarely make return trips to most places, the hospitality of the innkeeper, Susan, has made Vermont and the Fox Creek Inn a definite possibility for future trips. I really cannot say enough good things about Susan and we truly wish her the best of luck with this endeavor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

WOW! You were great guests to have and I wish I could go to a review site to tell everyone about how nice you were. I truly hope you DO plan a trip back to Fox Creek Inn.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Fox Creek Inn for two nights as part of a five night hiking and sightseeing trip though Vermont. While the room and the public spaces were quite lovely and luxurious, what made our trip stand out was the caring and impeccable service of the innkeeper, Susan Smart. My wife is allergic to garlic. Susan not only made delicious recipes that were garlic-free, including the pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres, she emailed the recipes to me at the conclusion of our trip so we could enjoy them at home too.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have whirlpools!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff H

Who knew garlic was hidden in so many places!!!! I truly enjoyed having you as guests and for helping me learn about hidden garlic in the food preparation. I hope you enjoy the recipes I sent you and I look forward to having you return to Fox Creek Inn.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Fox Creek Inn was relaxing, homey, and peaceful. The breakfast was yummy! Our host was friendly and welcoming. The location is lovely; my husband and I saw a moose on our morning walk! There is lots to do nearby - boating, fishing, hiking. Next time we come back we'll be bringing our cross country skis with us!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jenney2013
foxcreekinn, Owner at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

You were fun guests and I'm a bit jealous about the moose sighting. The guests who have come since are all out trying to find it again!! I'll look forward to hosting you in the winter when you come back to ski.

Been to Fox Creek Inn? Share your experiences!