“Perfect”
Review of Fox Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chittenden
Fox Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Chittenden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We enjoyed staying at this B&B the weekend of June 27. First of all, the rooms (bedroom and bath) were spotless. This is extremely important to me. Also, I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly Susan, the innkeeper, was. She filled us in on local sites and introduced us to other guests. The breakfasts were awesome! We couldn't have asked for better breakfasts at a five-star hotel. There was water, lemonade, cookies, fruit available all day. We didn't have a chance to go to the Pub because we were attending a party and wedding at the Mountain Top in but on our next visit, we'll definitely stop in. Overall, our experience was beyond our expectations.

Room Tip: We loved having our own entrance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
foxcreekinn, Owner at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you so much for the glowing review. Joanne and I try very hard to maintain high standards at Fox Creek Inn and to hear how much that is appreciated by the guests is very rewarding. You were delightful guests and I hope you'll come back again.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I highly recommend staying at the Fox Creek Inn if you are in Chittenden VT. The new owner, Susan, has returned this quaint bed & breakfast to it's original historic charm with a few modern luxuries thrown in.

I had decided to start my vacation at the Mountain Top Resort a day early and they recommended that I take a room at Fox Creek Inn for that evening. I felt confident that this would be a clean and safe place to stay if Mountain Top was directing me there, but was not prepared for the kind and generous hospitality I received as a guest!

Susan was gracious and friendly (who says hospitality is the mark of the south?!). As soon as I arrived she showed me around and offered me fresh coffee or tea. I really felt more like a friend coming to stay for the night, than a "guest at the inn". The rooms had charming antique decor with soft, comfortable beds. Everything was clean and there were little homey touches everywhere. I especially loved the huge jacuzzi tub.

Free wi-fi meant I could catch up on emails in the lovely three season porch, which is also an ideal game room or place to socialize. In the morning I sat on the shady porch sipping a hot cup of tea while enjoying the sounds of the creek, before wandering inside for a lovely breakfast. And the food was so good! Fresh fruit, followed by eggs, sausage and pancakes with Vermont maple syrup.

If you are looking for a truly peaceful and serene bed and breakfast, you should definitely stay at the Fox Creek Inn. This is a perfect Vermont retreat and I know you will leave feeling that you had just made a new friend and cannot wait to return for another visit!

S. Jameson

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank S J

S.- I truly enjoyed your "last minute" visit and getting to know you a bit. I feel as if I, too, made a new friend that I'd enjoy getting to know better. I'm hoping you'll come back to Fox Creek Inn again. Thanks for the lovely review as it is truly appreciated.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our family wanted to spend a weekend at this Inn over the holidays. I called to book a room and when I mentioned that I have kids I was told that this Inn is not for children. Our children have always been welcome in hotels all over the world. This is the first time that an hotel refuses to provide us accommodation because we have children.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
foxcreekinn, Owner at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

We are truly sorry you feel hurt that we could not accept your children under the age of 12 as guests. The policies on our website clearly state we only allow children over the age of 12. We also do not accept pets nor smokers. We try to take into consideration the desires of all of our guests and some of those guests choose to stay at Fox Creek Inn because there will not be children, pets or smokers.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My fiance and I attending a wedding at the Mountain Top Inn and went up a night early and decided to stay at the Fox Creek Inn. I received a call earlier in the day letting us know we could check-in early if we wanted to. When we arrived, Joanne was on the front porch waiting for us and was warm and friendly. The owner, Susan, had cheese and crackers waiting for us before we left for dinner and we had a drink and a nice conversation with her before we went out. The room was comfortable and clean and breakfast the next morning was delicious. Joanne and Susan went above and beyond to make sure we had a nice stay. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Christine L. M

Thanks for such a nice review. We truly enjoy pampering our guests. Usually we can accommodate special requests, such as early check-in, easily. You were lovely guests and we hope to see you at Fox Creek Inn in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last September. Susan was wonderful and made our stay so special!!! I had not idea what ahead or me (an engagement) but she did and made our weekend all the more special. It is a perfect couple getaway with a sincere, amazing host to take care of all your needs. I am sorry it has taken me so long to write this. The trip was amazing and we will be back!!! Thanks!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Who could forget that exciting weekend?! An engagement where the ring "box" was a new car!! Also, the first engagement at Fox Creek Inn. You were delightful guests and I truly look forward to having you come back to visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a warm and welcoming weekend at the Fox Creek Inn recently while in the area for cross country ski activities nearby. We opted to stay at the Fox Creek Inn to take advantage of the peace and quiet it had to offer. We were welcomed like family, but pampered like guests. The Inn is clean, quiet and comfortable. We were able to enjoy the fires in both the common rooms (with the companionship of the inn keeper-Susan) as well as the privacy of our bedroom. The availability of coffee/tea and snacks 24/7 was as welcome as the fireplaces after being outside in the cold all day. Delicious breakfasts were beautifully presented and filling-and recipes were willingly shared! Joanne, Susan's assistant, was welcoming and helpful, making sure all our needs were met. Both were hard working and passionate about making our stay as welcoming and memorable as possible.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
foxcreekinn, Owner at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

I enjoyed having you as guests at the Fox Creek Inn and hope you'll stay with us again when you are in the area. It was a pleasure for me to sit for a visit with you and I learned a lot about Vermont which is so helpful as a new innkeeper. Thanks!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Spent two nights at Fox Creek Inn to take advantage of the cross country skiing opportunities in the area. The owner was welcoming and had good advice of places to go in the area. The inn is clean and welcoming. The common rooms have fireplaces and a great place to curl up after a day in the out of doors. The rooms are comfortable and have en suite baths. I would not hesitate to return to take advantage of the summer time activities in the area.

Room Tip: Pick a room depending on the type of bed configuration you need.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
foxcreekinn, Owner at Fox Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Priscilla....what a GREAT guest you were. Helping to shovel the sidewalks because you liked to!! Come back soon.....I loved visiting with you.

Been to Fox Creek Inn? Share your experiences!