“Lovely setting, good food, tasteful furnishings, terrific host”
Review of Fox Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chittenden
Fox Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Chittenden B&B and Inns
Boston, MA
“Lovely setting, good food, tasteful furnishings, terrific host”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

A friend and I had lovely evening at the Fox Creek Inn, which has everything you want in an inn--beautiful, peaceful surroundings, tasteful furnishings, great food, a more than comfortable room and a thoughtful innkeeper. We arrived hot and tired after a rather strenuous hike, and were greeted by Susan, the inn's owner, with a pitcher of fresh, cold lemonade and the suggestion that we might want a free upgrade to a nicer room than the one we booked. Also, I was traveling with someone who has adhere to fairly limited diet and Susan was graciously careful about the food we were served. We could only stay one night since we were doing an Inn to Inn hiking experience, but I'd definitely return with friends or for a getaway with my husband.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Swampscott, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was attending a wedding in the area and wanted to stay as close as possible to the venue. Searched for accommodations in Chittenden and discovered Fox Creek Inn. I fell in love with Room #3 on their website and knew that was where I wanted to stay. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Susan who was just a delight. My room was exactly as pictured and the setting was perfect. The staff could not have been nicer. Home made cookies, coffee and tea were always available. Breakfast was delicious. It was such a friendly, homey atmosphere. I only wish that I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the Inn have better Wi-Fi reception. The description of each room on the webs...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hartford VT
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The Atmosphere was charming, friendly and peaceful. This is a great place to reconnect with nature, enjoy some great peace and quiet as well as build wonderful family memories. Close enough to other activities for day trips but far enough away to get away from it all. Plenty of nostalgic games and antiques to reminisce on with wonderful spacious rooms to languish in. Susan and staff were very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had a marvelous stay at Fox Creek Inn. Susan the innkeeper is delightful. She had lots of options at the ready of what we might do before the wedding. We took her advice and went off to Brandon VT for the most delicious lunch! Cafe Provence was the most wonderful quiche and best Cesar salad I have had in years! The babbling brook and the serenity were just what we needed for this weekend get away, I would recommend the Fox Creek Inn to everyone looking for a get away with ambiance and friendly hospitality.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just stayed at the Fox Creek Inn for an overnight stay (wished we could have stayed longer) to attend a wedding at the mountain top inn. What a lovely cozy inn! Susan and her staff were very inviting and made us feel right at home. The room we stayed in was very comfortable clean and relaxing. The breakfast in the morning was delicious!! We highly recommend this Inn and look forward to a return visit
TMS

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Fox Creek Inn. Susan is such a warm host and has a beautiful, peaceful place a little out of the way. Lots to do if you like the outdoors. I wish we could have spent another day there and would go back in a minute!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here to attend a wedding at the mountaintop resort right up the street. The inn is in a beautiful location. We could here the sound of nearby creek with our windows open. It would be breathtaking in any season. However, what stands out more is how Susan and her staff truly go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. There were cookies and lemonade waiting when we got there. Our room was clean and meticulously put together. Breakfast was delicious and Susan has copies of the recipes on hand in you are interested. There were umbrellas for us to borrow when a downpour occurred as we were trying to leave. When we got home, my husband realized he left his favorite pair of jeans. Susan found them in the closet and mailed them back. So sweet! If you are looking for a relaxing place where all your needs are taken care of, this is your place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chittenden
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort
Red Clover Inn & Restaurant
The Vermont Inn
The Vermont Inn
#2 of 3 in Mendon

Been to Fox Creek Inn? Share your experiences!