“Overnight just for fun”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Overnight just for fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Nice place to stay. Close to downtown Burlington, very comfortable and friendly service. We had a great time and everything was just as it should be.We will return to this property in the summer to further explore the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I appreciate the feedback with regards to your stay with us! The Summer in VT is truly the best time of year, especially in our area! I hope you will return again to enjoy the Jazz Fest or any of the other fun festivals Burlington has to offer during the Summer. Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights in December (2013) and we were more than happy with the overall experience. Room was lovely, very spacious and extremely comfortable - the bed and the pillows were wonderful, slept like a baby every night! The bathroom was bright and spacious and the cleanliness of the room/bathroom was excellent! Great houskeeping team they have there.

Next door (quite literally) to the Hampton Inn is a bar and restaurant, the food there was wonderful and the bar quite cosy and friendly!

Loved this place and wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

One last note, there is a complimentary breakfast served just beyond the reception area, we only tried it twice (and the food was okay) but we were put off by the free-for-all attitude of many of the guests (mostly families) who were shovelling as much food as they could get their hands on down their necks, and pushing and shoving other people out of the way to stack their trays with everything in sight - it was like a feeding frenzy at the Zoo! Many of these same guests (mind you, they could have just walked in off the streets for this free breakfast because the staff didn't have a clue who they were or whether they were even staying at the hotel or not (some of them did look a bit rough and ready, the diners, not the staff - seriously, it was like a mad house!). The worst part about this free feeding frenzy was that the seating area was very small, so most people ate off trays on their laps and I've never witnessed such disgusting behaviour as many of them were dropping food all over the carpet - scrambled eggs, bits of omelette and pieces of sausage meat. Talk about peasants!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the front of the Inn overlooking the Pub/Bar - no noise, lovely and quiet!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review, but I am so sorry about your experience during breakfast! We did have a few complaints about some of the guests and their behavior during the time frame you were here. It was unfortunate that we should feel the need to "police" our breakfast area, when normally It is usually a time to connect with our guests. I appreciate all of the great comments about the rest of your visit and hope you will return again during a less hectic time. Thank you for staying with us!!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We travel to Vermont 7-8 times a year for weekend (2 night) get-aways. We've tried many hotels/ inns through Burlington and saw how pretty the Hampton Inn is during our last visit. The hotel was quiet, staff were pleasant and the room reasonably spacious. The bathtub was in need of a makeover, as well as tiles in the bathroom. Breakfast was included and offered quite a bit of variety including some hot items as well as cold. The only thing that really annoyed was the cleaning staff, eager to get into our room and clean. We tend to rise late, grab some breakfast before it closes at 10:00 and leave our room around 11:30. They were out there at 9:00am hoping to get in ( shift end?). We mentioned when we would be leaving and when we returned at 10:00pm that night, our room wasn't cleaned. This has happened to us in expensive hotels in Las Vegas as well as another hotel in Vergennes. Each time we're asked if we forgot the "do not disturb" sign on as if we're absent minded centarians. A "sorry about that" from the front desk just doesn't cut it. We paid to have a room and as part of that deal, your room is cleaned daily. I don't want to have an investigation launched, I don't want to speak with the cleaning supervisor, I basically want to be compensated for the service I didn't receive but paid for. No effort was made whatsoever beyond "sorry about that". With all the many hotels to choose from in burlington, issues like these should be rectified promptly to ensure a return stay.

• Stayed February 2014
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I am very sorry for the lack of response our staff had to the issue you had with your room. I understand your frustration as you have experienced this situation at other hotels. It is not a common occurance for us and in order to make certain it does not happen again our staff does try to investigate the source of the issue. I apologize that our desk staff did not invoke our satisfaction guarantee as is our policy when our guests are not happy. I appreciate the positive feedback as well as the information on how your stay would have been better. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I feel some sort of compensation is in order for you.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Average Hampton Inn with the usual good breakfast. Good rate of $138/night including taxes pre-paying. No complaints but I did hear a lot of other guests complaining about a group of boys who kept them awake. I don't know if they complained to staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our Hampton Inn and were not disturbed by the group we had in house. I appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
Richford, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

The staff at the Hampton Inn was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, homey and well-equipped for our needs. We really enjoyed the lobby with the fireplace and large-screen TV and 24-hour coffee and snacks. Breakfast was delicious and had a great variety of foods to satisfy everyone. Our only complaint was the temperature of the pool and the fact that there is not longer a hot tub at this location. All in all a great, fun stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Robert G
Thank you for the great comments about your visit to our Hampton Inn. I appreciate the fact that you missed our hot tub, as many of our guests do. With the expansion of our fitness room as required by the Hampton Brand, removing the tub was our only option. I am glad you enjoyed your visit otherwise and hope to see you again the next time you are in the Burlington area!
Frenchtown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stopped here overnight on our way to a long ski weekend. As always with Hampton, you can expect great service, clean spacious rooms and a wonderful breakfast. Hampton Inns always deliver. Adjacent restaurant was a surprise. Had great seafood. Satisfied my whole family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank tigercat03
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your getaway weekend and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Burlington area. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We live across Lake Champlain in NY and my husband was flying in late one Friday night. Instead of trying to have either of us drive back that late, we decided to use our points for an overnight stay and enjoy a day in Burlington last weekend. Booking was very smooth using our points (first time we've utilized them), and check-in was the same. The girl was very friendly and I could smell the fresh baked cookies upon my arrival. She informed me they would be out with milk shortly for the guests. We've stayed at numerous Hampton Inns and haven't seen this. A very nice touch. My husband's flight was delayed and I called the front desk and they said they would be willing to take the shuttle to get him (even though it was nearing the time when the shuttle stopped - 12am/midnight). While I ended up getting him myself, it was good to know that this was an option if I had decided to go to bed.
In the morning, we took advantage of the great Hampton breakfast and was going to utilize the pool/hot tub. To our disappointment, we found out there was no hot tub and the pool was on the chilly side, therefore, we did not use it. This was the only downfall of our stay.
We were able to get a late check-out and relax in the room before we spent the day around town. The room had vaulted ceilings, a couch, and all of the necessary amenities, especially the comfy bed and pillows which allowed us to get a good night's sleep.
We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura K
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you so much for the great review of your stay! Arriving just as the cookies and milk are coming out is certainly a great way to start your visit. I apologize that the pool was not as warm as you would have liked. We removed the hot tub about 2 years ago and have been trying to get it off various websites ever since. I am sorry it was a disappointment for you, but am very happy that you enjoyed your stay overall. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,259 reviews
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 11 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 11 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,449 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!