“Nice Breakfast, Clean, NIce Pool”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before we began our ski vacation and the night we ended our vacation. We checked in early around 2 PM and our room was ready. The young man at the desk was not particularly helpful, which is really not what we expected. He made us wait quite a while and seemed preoccupied with answering phone calls with reservations. This happened to us a second time when we went down to ask for directions. This must have been just one employee, because when we checked in on our return trip, the service was excellent and we were in our room within minutes.

The first room that we stayed in on the fifth floor was excellent. We used the pool that evening and had a very pleasant stay. The next morning we had an excellent breakfast including premade omlettes, bacon, juices, belgian waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, and assorted pastries and cereals.

The second time we stayed, we realized that the greatest part of this hotel is the breakfast, which is really important to our family. Although breakfast starts serving at 6AM, we were pleased to see that most of the breakfast was available when we left on Sat. at 4:30AM. This was a welcomed treat. We were able to fix ourselves belgian waffles, have orange juice, muffins, toast, fruit, and oatmeal before heading out for our 6AM flight.

The second room we stayed on was on the 4th floor and was not as nice. The chair did not have a foot stool, and the comforter/douvet was rather lumpy. The bed was not particularly comfortable either. I was shocked to see wires exposed between the night stand and an outlet where a multi outlet extension was also used...not sure what this is about, but I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that my cell did not charge over night on the night stand outlets.

All in all a clean nice place to stay--especially if you get the right room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us and I apolgize for my late response to your comments. I am glad you were overall happy with your stay, and I am sorry that you were made to wait on arrival on your first visit. Sometimes our phones can get very busy and we are working on ways to address that so our staff has more time to spend with our guests. Thank you for bringing the electrical outlet issue to our attention. I know how important getting your phone charged is when traveling and I am certain it was very frustrating for you. I truly appreciate the feedback an hope you will visit with us again the next time you are in the Burlington area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast area was very clean and always stocked. The bed was very comfortable and the room temperature was always where I set it. I enjoyed my stay, even with an initial incident (which was quickly corrected).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is always great to receive a positive review, especially when the guest's stay didn't go completely smoothly. It shows we were able to make things right, and that is what is important. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return. Thank you for choosing Hampton!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel has everything need for the business traveler. The only problem experienced, which isn't unusual when staying at hotels of this size and design is parking in the front lot by the lobby. The lot is adjacent to the popular restaurant so parking is at a premium.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for writing about your stay at our Hampton Inn. We do have a great restaurant on property and are happy they have become so successful. Parking can be a premium in the front of the hotel as you mentioned, however i do hope you were able to find the additional parking around the hotel. Thanks again for the great comments and I hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel was just off the highway and close to downtown Burlington. The staff was very helpful and the amenities exactly what we needed. Decent breakfast included and a nice fitness room. Our rooms were clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

While we are very happy Spring has sprung here in VT, we do love the ski season as well. I am glad you found the hotel to be comfortable for your visit and hope you were able to take advantage of our great ski packages while you were here. We plan some extensive upgrades over the next year so the hotel will be getting eve better! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Pretty nice hotel I have nothing to report that is mind blowing cool. The hotel staff is among the friendliest and most accommodating I have experienced in all my travels and they even said no to one of my requests which I understood the reason why. The rooms are all very clean and comfortable and I believe most even have a refrigerator and microwave. The location to the airport is also really nice and there is also a place to eat right across the parking lot but I haven't tried it yet. I will certainly stay here again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Between 2 ski resorts, we stayed at Hampton Inn for a night. We used this chain few times in past year and never disappoints. Very convenient close to highway, but peaceful quiet. Rooms were very clean, staff was very attentive and friendly and I would come back for their hospitality. Breakfast was just enough and good quality. We had dinner at the next door Lighthouse restaurant(did not know what to expect at that restaurant, but were really impressed with the menu –excellent salad bar, tuna steak, seafood dish and pasta for little one- would recommend every single meal we had). The fresh chocolate chips cookies in the lobby in the evening was perfect – kids loved it. We would continue to stay at Hampton Inn again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I would like to thank the cleaning lady for being honest and returning my nentindo DS to the front desk. It was very nice of her to turn it over to the lost and found. Also thank you for holding on to it at the front desk for so long.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#10 of 12 in South Burlington
Residence Inn Burlington Colchester

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!