“Very courteous staff”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
central missouri
“Very courteous staff”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay here. Nothing fancy, typical Hampton Inn which is nice. The room and hotel are clean and staff very courteous. Breakfast was some kind of pre-made omelets and bacon. Not great, but hey, it was free! Very nice grocery store across the highway. I'd stay here again.

2 Thank bobkat1955

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
L'Assomption, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed at the Hampton, in Colchester . It's our 2nd stay there. we found it to be a very nice Inn, clean and the staff is very helpful and respectful to its guests. Our Room was excellent and very well kept. Will return, next year to same Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Ronald D
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a renovated hotel. Our room had an interesting layout. We were on the top floor. We were in room 431. The room has a fridge and microwave. When we first entered the room I noticed a make-up smear on the bedspread, and upon closer notice saw a few long human hairs on it also. We did not plan to sleep under the spread so we just moved it. I traveled with my husband and teen son. We requested 2 double beds. The beds were so narrow that there was no way 2 adults could sleep on those beds. I am a size 12, 155 pounds. My husband is 170 pounds. My teen is about 135 pounds so our size was not the issue. I wound up sleeping in the chair. After we went to sleep another loud drunk guest started banging on the door so loud the people across the hall opened their door. We kept telling him he had the wrong room to no avail. My husband finally had to open the door and confront him. I know this is not the hotel's fault, but it ruined what little sleep I was getting. After a long night the breakfast was pretty good. Fresh scrambled eggs with bacon. I might stay here again, but would definitely not share a bed.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about the width of the beds if you plan to share a bed.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Joe B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 4 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced as it is certainly exception rather than rule. At Hampton, every guest gets a clean and fresh duvet cover every time; this was clearly an oversight in this case.

We do have a few different room types available other than rooms with two full sized beds; we have standard king bed rooms, king study rooms with a pullout sleeper sofa, studio suites with a king bed, pullout sofa, kitchenette, and larger living area, and one-bedroom suites featuring a room with a king sized bed separate from the living area with a pullout sofa, kitchenette, and dining area. We also have 2 deluxe rooms with 2 full sized beds and a sleeper sofa. Some of these configurations book up several weeks in advance but sometimes are available for upgrade on day of arrival.

I hope that you can give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to the Burlington area in the future. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly if there’s anything we can do for you. Thank you again for your review.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We always stay at Hampton Inn when we travel, because of its consistent quality: good value, clean comfortable rooms & beds, good service and a decent breakfast. This was no different from the rest. We've been to Burlington many times, but have never stayed here because it's not actually in Burlington, however we were pleasantly surprised that it is only a 5 minute car ride on rte. 89. Anywhere of equivalent value in South Burlington will take just as long.

3 Thank icjg
Spencer, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here last week and enjoyed the beautiful Lake Champlain and Burlington region. The area is beautiful but the Hampton Inn made it oh so much better for me and my partner. We just couldn't believe this is a Hampton Inn; one would think this was a Marriott or something similar with the amount of services they provide (restaurant on site, bountiful free breakfast, shuttle to jet port, cookies and milk in the evening, meeting space, and even guest service staff to bring me feather free pillows at 10PM as I forgot to ask at check-in), the young lady who brought me those that night, wish I got her name, was so kind and helpful. The room was immaculately clean and we were very satisfied with our cleaning services each day. I'm very happy we stayed a little out of town as the hotels in Burlington (Sheraton, Hilton, Courtyard) all looked loud, too busy, and/or run down and dumpy. Thank you Hampton Inn Burlington, we will return!!!!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the mountains; you can't go wrong!
3 Thank Napoli G
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Being a Hilton Honnors Silver member, We usually only stay at Hampton Inns when we travel as they are usually so clean. One of the most important things to me is your "clean bed for every guest". That being said our last stay at a Hampton Inn may be the very last. My husband and i layed on our bed watching tv. We both had on black shirts and when we sat up we noticed that we were both covered in white fur!! I called the front desk and they told me that we were on the pet friendly floor and that the fur must have been in the air. There is no way that amount of fur was flying around in the air. Obviously the duvet cover was not a fresh clean changed one before we checked in. They did bring us another one, however, we were never told prior to check in that it was a dog friendly room, thank God we did not have a pet allergy! So the next morning we got up and i noticed a water bottle half under the couch half sticking out. If the room had of been properly cleaned before we arrived a large water bottle would not have been over looked. Lastly, the last morning that we were there we were at breakfast when i noticed 3 employees standing in the kitchen area in front of the buffet. One employee opened the serving tray that had bacon in it and picked a piece out with her bare hand and stood there munching it. She then went back and got another piece and one of the other employees did the same. It was later in the morning about 9:45 and breakfast was almost over but we were not the only ones there eating. There were many others. I dont have a problem with employees eating from the buffet, but they should know better than to use their hands to take it out rather than the tongs that were right there. Put some on a plate using the tongs, who knows if there hands were clean, so very unsantiary and im sure it broke some health codes! Unfortunately, this was the worst stay at a Hampton Inn that i have ever had.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kim P
BTVMVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to document your stay and I am very sorry for what you experienced in your room and at breakfast. I realize it only takes one bad encounter to tarnish your opinion of a hotel or a brand, but I can assure you that what you experienced is not typical of this hotel or the brand for certain. We do pride ourselves on giving the best service possible and I will certainly investigate the issues you have brought to my attention. We also stand by our guarantee, so if you were not properly compensated for your stay please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We do appreciate your business and hope you will give us an opportunity to prove our commitment to your satisfaction.
magog
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Is was our second stay at this hotel. We appreciate, the cleanliness, the tranquility, the service,the breakfast, and the proximity of Burlington made it all worth for. We will go again at this hotel. We did not used the pool the first stay because it was cloudy, but this time was perfect.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank johanne p
Thank you so much for taking the time to write of your visits with our Hampton Inn. We value all of the feedback we get, both positive and negative. It gives us tools to better do our jobs and improve your experience. It is always especially nice to hear from a repeat guest! Thank you for the comments and we look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,273 reviews
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,467 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!