“Stay Away, bed Bugs and bad customer support”

Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Montreal, Canada
“Stay Away, bed Bugs and bad customer support”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our last stay (July 2014) left my girlfriend and I with a terrible case of bed bug attack. Overnight stay at the hospital the day after our return home. The hotel refused to refund the night. I'm afraid this establishment will be on our black list from now on.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 310, bed bugs
4 Thank marcoue
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
We appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your visit. We do advise at any time during your stay, if you are not satisfied with our accommodations or service, to please let us know without delay. It is our goal to always provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a reasonable value. Thank you for taking the time to complete the online review. We are sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Jamul, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel has a manager named Julie. She needs a new job!! One that works with animals or something. She is rude, mean, and nasty human being!!! After talking with the staff, apparently I should not taken it personally because she treat everyone badly!! Amazing!! The hotel gave me the creeps. I was a female along coming from San Diego. It was dirty and when I first arrived, the toilet overflowed, the handle on the front door was broken and my phone in the room didn't work. Their were a bunch of drunk men outside my room, there was fighting next door to me and this was every single night! I will never ever stay at a Quality Inn and intend to tell everyone I know not to stay at a Quality Inn and also tell them to tell everyone they etc..... It is now where close to Quality!! You will find this out immediately upon meeting JULIE!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel ever!!!
Green Features: There wasn't any friendly anything at this hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Karen K
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Have a nice day!

Travellers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is very overpriced for average everything.....the pool was clean and warm as advertised..we were also allowed to use the hotel BBQ in the back parking lot which was practical and economical for our group.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Please accept our apologies for those details that you noted in your review. Thank you so much for your feedback as it is truly helpful to know where we are falling short with regards to our guest expectations. We are delighted to hear that you and the group were able to enjoy the outdoor amenities. Have a great day! Warm Regards, Julie LaCroix General Manager
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is average at best. The girl who checked me in was very pleasant but that was the highlight of the visit. There was a fridge but no microwave. The breakfast was not great and they didn't clean the tables off too often. I had a air conditioner that made such bad noises in the middle (12:30 AM) of the night that I had to shut it off and open the window the few inches it opened. When I told the desk in the morning they acted like I was bothering them and was offered nothing for getting no sleep. When I got home I saw a charge on my credit card for $3.16. I called to ask what that was for and she said for the safe! I said I did not use the safe and do not plan on paying for something I didn't use. I stay at much better hotels and never paid for this. They did take the charge off but I would not stay here again

Room Tip: Stay up high as the area around this place was loaded with people smoking
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Please accept our apologies for those details that you noted in your review. I can assure you that I have shared your comments with all of the staff. Thank you so much for your feedback as it is truly helpful to know where we are falling short with regards to our guest expectations. Have a great day!
Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights as we toured around Shelburne and Burlington VT. The staff were friendly when we arrived and we enjoyed our complimentary breakfasts - nothing fancy, but nice that we could get a quick start to the day by being able to eat in the hotel. Although we didn't use it, there was a nice pool that others seemed to be enjoying.

While the room generally seemed clean, there was a big clump of hair waiting for us on the soap dish in the bathtub when we arrived...kind of gross and made us wonder how clean the room really was. The mattress was saggy which added to the fact that sleep in our room was difficult due to the outside security light that blasted into our window all night (avoid room 231!!!). I woke up several times thinking I had overslept because I could see bright sunlight through the curtains, only to discover that is was 2 AM, then 3 AM, then 4 AM.....

Perhaps my rating would be higher if we had another room. Generally we have been happy when we have stayed at Quality Inns in other cities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
QualityInnbtv, General Manager at Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
We were sorry to hear that your recent stay was anything but exceptional and would have been very interested in talking to you about any issues you had experienced. We take our guest reviews very seriously and if you were not completely satisfied we would like the opportunity to make it right. We do suggest for the light sleeper our Preferred Floor, which does boast of our 3rd Floor Interior Corridor. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Hearing form our guests is how we stay better and get better so we appreciate you sharing.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The staff of this place are completely unfit to work with customers. April Kelly, a front desk representative, is a mistake of nature, as she believes that she is "the nicest person you'll ever know", while being despicably unaccommodating, abrasive and not understanding of your needs, and should find another job, not related to working with people. Jamie Goff, another "pleasant" face behind the counter, should learn how to ask questions instead of flogging a hidden safe fee of almost $2.00 per night on the unsuspecting customers.
The rooms in the motel are moderately clean, with the decor borrowed from the 70-s. The continental breakfast was most likely transported from a remote past as well. If you expect healthy breakfast choices, you are better off eating somewhere else. Everything in this motel reeks of bad taste, bad service, and bad management. The only thing that they are good at is fleecing you of your money. My advice to you, dear tourist, - stay away from this dump.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Frolla_32
The Quality Inn Colchester staff would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your past visit. We strive to make each and every stay a positive one and are greatly disappointed that we were unable to provide you with such an experience. We have contacted you via direct email and look forward to hearing from us, as we would like the opportunity to make this right. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit and we hope you will come back to see us in the Burlington/Colchester area in the near future.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We forgot that the room has a fridge and microwave so were pleasantly surprised. A new addition from our previous stay were the shampoo, conditioner and soap dispensers in the bath. We thought this was a good improvement to save product waste and eliminate use of plastic or glass containers. The pillows were very puffy. I found one just a bit less than I needed and two were too much. Otherwise the bed was comfortable as usual. I booked through Choice privileges and got a great rate for advanced booking , non cancellable. There is a charge odf $1.50 for the room safe unless you tell them at check in to not charge it. You must read what you are signing at check in. There is a nice lawn where we took our dog to exercise.

Room Tip: We have a dog so were restricted to certain rooms, but it suited us perfectly.
Green Features: Use of dispensers in the shower show that they are very concious about this. It probably saves them a lot of money in bar soap and mini bottles of shanpoo and conditioner at the same time.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

At the Quality Inn Colchester we strive to provide each and every traveler to our hotel a positive experience both with our staff and in our rooms. It is our pleasure that this effort reflects in your stay and we hope that the next time you are in the Burlington/Colchester area you will come back and stay with us once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 5 in Colchester
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#10 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Quality Inn Colchester / Burlington? Share your experiences!