“CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, NICE BREAKFAST” 5 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn Colchester Burlington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santee, California
“CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, NICE BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

My wife and I only stayed one night, but after a long cross-country flight and a need to get on the road early the next morning, the Colchester Days Inn was the perfect fit. We got in to BTV (Burlington Int’l Airport), picked up our rental car, and within minutes we were at CDI (Colchester Days Inn). The hotel is that close! The hotel is very conveniently located near the airport, but you don’t hear airplanes landing and taking off at all hours of the day and night. Check in was hassle free and we were soon in a clean, well appointed room. Sleep came quickly and I don’t remember hearing any noise from either outside or inside the hotel. Wife says the same thing and she is much lighter sleeper than myself. The breakfasts are included in the room rate. Lots of food – the usual fare – but also including make-your-own waffles. Check out was as simple and easy as check in and we were on our way. If my wife and I are ever back in the area we would stay here again. I would also recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
You said it - Clean, Comfortable, and a Nice Breakfast. What more could you ask for from a great hotel like the Days Inn - Colchester. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We certainly will look forward to your return visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Monkton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Can't ask for anything more, I needed a bed, shower and quick breakfast before my flight. Exactly what I got on top of friendly, outgoing staff who truly cares about their guests. Every chance they got to ask me how my stay was, they did. Free Wifi a plus. Will be back in a couple of weeks for another stay.

Room Tip: My personal favorite is the Non smoking room with a King bed in the back of the building, no road no...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
As one of our valued return guests, I sincerely appreciate you pointing out that you enjoyed absolutely everything about your stay at the Days Inn - Colchester. We certainly will look forward to your return in a few weeks.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I recently booked a room at the Days Inn in Colchester and could not have been more pleased. I got a very good rate (especially considering it was Memorial Day weekend). The staff was outstanding- every one asked how we were doing, offered suggestions for touring, directions, etc. The room was immaculate and the location was superb.
Highly recommended.

1 Thank Profjr
I couldn't have said it any better. Clean, comfortable rooms, great ammenities and a staff that is beyond superb. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. We all look forward to your return visit.
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife and I, along with our declawed and spayed healthy cat, recently enjoyed a 5 night stay at this supposedly “pet friendly” hotel. Because the hotel’s website showed the paw icon for pet friendly accommodations we made an online reservation months before our arrival. Upon checking in it was confirmed by the desk clerk that we had a pet friendly and smoking room as requested. We loaded a luggage cart with our cat in her cage, litter box, and luggage, and wheeled past the clerk to our spacious room. Our stay went well. Staff was friendly and helpful. When we checked out I received a statement showing the 5 nights room charge, pet fee and taxes. All correct and in order.

But when we got home and checked our credit card statement online we found an additional $100 tacked on to our bill. Thinking it was just an error, I called the hotel and questioned the discrepancy. I was told that only dogs are acceptable pets and that cats are forbidden due to the owner’s allergies. (Oddly, we had a smoking room.) Since we had a cat the “sanitation fee” was applied. (Our cat left some hairs on the carpet, but did not miss her litter box or leave a hair ball.) When I told the hotel rep that their website should state “dogs only” she said it did.

The hotel website hides the conditions of its pet policy. If you roll your cursor over the universal paw print icon for pet policy you get this message: Pet Friendly. But elsewhere on the page, away from the cluster of standard icons, is a dog silhouette which, when you roll over it, sometimes (but not always) reveals a different message: Dogs only. $100 “pet sanitation fee if applicable”. Sometimes the dog silhouette does not react, so you can’t see the policy conditions. What a set-up!

We feel snookered by this hotel. Their website deceived us. When we return to the Burlington area we will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms overlook parking lot in back of hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As a pet friendly hotel that accepts dogs in our smoking rooms, we gladly welcome guests who are traveling to the Burlington area. The pet icon on the Days Inn website as well as the sign at our front desk indicates our policy and sanitation charges clearly. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience but in this instance there were definite circumstances in the room that required additional cleaning and the sanitation charge. I wish you safe and pleasant travels and welcome you to return to our Award Winning Days Inn when you are not traveling with your beloved cat.
Cape Cod, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I'm a 65 year old female, solo traveler who also owned a popular Bed & Breakfast on Cape Cod for ten years. I came to Burlington for two nights to celebrate a friend's wedding. When I drove up and saw the exterior of this hotel, I wondered if I could actually bring myself to check-in. Believe me, first impressions are important, but as they say, you can't always judge a book by it's cover. The bottom line is...I had a VERY comfortable stay, was impressed with the service and personnel and would come back in a heartbeat. Let me give you the downsides first. The building is well located, but it's old, has no architectural value and absolutely no landscaping. There wasn't a flower in sight in late May. The exterior maintenance was marginal at best and you had to drive by a shoddy dumpster area to reach the lobby at the rear of the building. It is anything but welcoming. When I walked in, after a five hour ride, I was immediately hit with the not so pleasant odor of an over chlorinated swimming pool, which is situated behind a glass wall right off the reception. Lastly, the dated, shiny polyester bedspread was a sizable turnoff. As for the soundproofing, I noticed the noise, but wasn't really disturbed by it. Let's talk about why I'd come back. Every single personal need was met and then some. I was warmly greeted by a lovely receptionist with a sincere smile. I dreaded the number of trips I'd have to make to get my stuff from the car to the room and asked if they offered a rolling rack/cart. CHECK I requested a room well above ground level, as I sleep with the windows open and need to feel safe. CHECK Cleanliness is a huge priority. CHECK I'd rather bathe than shower and enjoy a nice wide tub, plenty of hot water and great water pressure. CHECK. Quite frankly, other than the quality of the toilet paper, the immaculate bathroom fit my needs to a tee. There were two of everything, even boxes of Kleenex. My bedroom was great, I slept with my sliding glass door open all night, the bed was very comfy and the sheets were cotton, white as the driven snow and crisp and fresh. Every light worked, as did the air-conditioner and the TV reception was superb with a multitude of channels. I was happy to find a safe in the closet big enough to hold a laptop. I enjoyed slipping out of my room, grabbing a Coke from the machine and finding ice for my ice bucket right next door. I didn't want for a thing...I even got a call from the accommodating gal at the front desk asking me if I was comfortable and if she could help in any way. The yummy waffles at breakfast were a nice surprise. The diningroom offered cheerful, updated decor, was pristine, and the staff made sure all the breakfast items were continually stocked. The coffee however was not consistent, my first cup was acceptable, second cup very weak and not drinkable. The WIFI is free at this Day's Inn and the indoor pool water appeared to be crystal clear. If only they'd get rid of the big plastic trash bin at the entrance and replaced it with two big pots of flowers.

Room Tip: I had a terrific experience with # 214.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank xanjaz
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
As you are a fellow hotelier I sincerely appreciate your honest feedback. Our initial curb appeal has changed since your arrival with the addition of our new awnings which were being rebuilt during the time of your stay. I have taken your suggestion and relocated the trash receptacle and added two flowering pots that truly do present a more inviting exterior. I agree whole heartedly that my staff is second to none and that they are the best kept secret in the Burlington area. They are the reason my hotel has been an award winner for 18 consecutive years now.
I sincerely look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Vinings, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Our extended family stayed here the weekend of UVM graduation as most other hotels were booked and the reviews looked decent. I was disappointed as soon as I drove up and saw a run-down looking building. As we rounded the back of the hotel (where the lobby has been moved to) we passed someone who looked like a local resident (not an employee) repairing a vehicle in the parking lot. The lobby is EXTREMELY dated as are all the furnishings in the hotel. The carpets need a very deep cleaning if not total replacement. We rented several rooms for all the family members and they were all dingy and smelled like they had not been thoroughly cleaned in a long time, if ever. The one (and only) positive thing I can say is that the staffmembers are very friendly and offer whatever assistance they can. The problem is not the staff but the hotel has very little to provide in terms of creature comforts. Fortunately, we did not plan to spend time at the hotel other than to sleep. I won't stay here again unless I see that they have done a major overhaul of the accommodations. I would prefer to stay up to 30 minutes away and commute to events in Burlington than have the convenience of a nearby hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Traveling_W
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at the Days Inn - Colchester. My staff and I work very hard to provide clean comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. You will be happy to hear that we have major renovations planned for November of 2012. With new carpet, furniture, bedspreads and drapes, the rooms will certainly have the update feel you are looking for. Our lobby was painted within the last 6 months and breakfast room were painted within the last week. We also have a great fitness room, indoor heated pool and a business center for your convenience. If you have a laptop you will find free WiFi throughout the hotel as well as in your guest room. My staff is happy to answer any and all requests and concerns 24 hours a day so please take advantage of their award winning service.

Travellers are raving about these Colchester hotels

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Looked for the more inexpensive place to stay for a weekend getaway to Burlington. Turns out it was the Days Inn. Thing is, I stayed here about a year ago and I remember that it was fine, cost about 60$ (which is about right for what we got...). However, I was not overly impressed with my latest visit for which we paid 90$+/night. We were brought to one of these "loft rooms". Booked a smoking room, preferred a non-smoking room but none were available - so I can't complain about the lingering smell of smoke. The concept and design was cool... But the room appears to be quite old and very worn, rough around the edges. There were cigarette burns in the sofa and chairs. This sofa, I refused to sit on. It had stains, the aforementioned cigarette burns and was so worn that it sunk in in the middle quite a bit . The dust around the ceiling fan and ceiling itself was disgusting. I mean how hard is it to pass a swiffer or something up there? (pictures to follow) The walls, pictures on the walls, and carpet were just so old, to the point where it looks a bit dirty, it's really time for an update. The bathroom was fine, nice and clean. The sheets were clean, butttt found some long black hairs between the bed spread and blanket. So it was clearly not washed, soooooo gross!! I refused to touch anything but the sheets! Something that I think would immensely help is just updating the bed.. making it more presentable, clean, etc instead of looking like a1970s old motel.

The complimentary continental breakfast that was really a nice bonus and good!! Also, the front desk staff were very nice and helpful. I don't know, I'm quite torn over the hotel. Ask to stay in the rooms with balconies maybe (there seems to be 2 different sides...?? Like the loft style side we stayed on had no balconies and seemed much more ghetto then the side with balconies).

2 Thank lovetotravel316
daysinncolchestervt, General Manager at Days Inn Colchester Burlington, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We have loft style rooms which provide additional space and the inclusion of a microwave and fridge in addition to standard style hotel rooms some of which do have balconies. Although the lofts have been recently renovated and repainted, we are currently in the process of further updating our furnishings, drapery, bedspreads and televisions. All of these changes will be made within the next 12 months. I have addressed the housekeeping concerns and will ensure that the award winning quality we are known for is what you experience when you return in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 13 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,416 reviews

Been to Days Inn Colchester Burlington? Share your experiences!