“Very good Marriott property”

Residence Inn Burlington Colchester
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Very good Marriott property”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Your first impression of something can usually make or break an experience. My first impression of this Marriott was excellent. Dave at the front desk was pleasant, helpful and just overall set the standard for my stay. The room was spotless (as was the entire hotel), the bed comfortable and the hotel was very quiet which allowed for a great night sleep. I would highly recommend this residence inn and would not hesitate to return when I am back in the Burlington area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The Canadian/US dollar exchange rate at around 0.90 means that I try to find hotels that maximize value on the rare occasion I stay overnight in Burlington. The Residence Inn provided exactly that.

The hotel is conveniently located 10 minutes away from Church Street and the University Mall and across the street from Costco. The hotel is welcoming, inviting and spacious with free coffee/hot chocolate in the lobby. Cookies were placed out in the evening. The hotel has a BBQ for guests to use which I hope to take advantage of next visit and save the hassle of spending money out on dinner instead of shopping.

A standard breakfast is included which features the basics you would expect from a hotel. I really enjoyed the waffle maker with the option to add some goodies like whipped cream, strawberry, chocolate etc as this saves us a good $30 over what we normally spend to get a similar breakfast at IHOP. Our room had a fridge, microwave, freezer with plenty of cutlery and utensils which we found no reason to take advantage of, but other travelers may find it beneficial.

I took advantage of the pool for quick swim but didn't make use of the standard gym with a few cardio machines and some basic weights.

Being from Montreal, the drive down to Burlington is around two hours so there never really is a need to stay overnight, but my attitude has changed after discovering this property. I look forward to visiting this hotel several times a year!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pon555512
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family of two adults and one 11-year-old, stayed here during spring break in March. My friend in Montreal recommended this place to us and she proved to be right. It's new, clean, conveniently located just off the highway, includes breakfast, and has a pool and gym.
The accommodations are residence-style with full kitchens. We took a one bedroom. The master bedroom area was closed off to the living room and kitchen by a door. The couch opened to a double bed. Our side of the door included the washroom and bedroom with king bed. The place was spotless and the advice we received at the front desk, about where to shop and what to see, was bang on.
The free-breakfast includes hot items and it's serve yourself. There's a grocery store behind the hotel so buy food to cook or heat up in your room is simplified. There’s no restaurant inside the hotel.
Would stay here again.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We just recently returned from Vermont and loved this residence inn. We travel often and have been to quite a few residence inns and this one is on the top of the list. The service is awesome! We were using Marriott pts and they upgraded us from a studio to a 1 bedroom for free. The hotel is super clean and the hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay nicer. We highly recommend this hotel!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2014

There is not much to say about the facilities of this hotel-- it seems to be exactly the same as pretty much every other Residence Inn I've ever stayed in, though the landscaping here may be somewhat nicer. What I can definitely say is that the service here was above and beyond what I've experienced at other Residence Inn hotels. For example, the reception staff went out of their way to ask whether they could help me get any groceries for my one week stay, whether I would like a list of area restaurants, or if they should deliver a package of takeout menus to my room. When I was uncertain whether I would need to stay an additional day, the staff offered me late check out without me even asking so I would be able to leave my bags in the room while deciding whether to stay that night. If traveling in this area for business, this would be my first choice of hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Carmel, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The service at this Residence Inn is as good as any Ritz Carlton I've stayed at - how crazy is that!? They simply cannot do enough to make their guests happy. This stay, we were upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom suite - how nice! Other family members were sharing a 2-bedroom suite and they were also very happy with the hotel. They also enjoyed the breakfast buffet! It's our "go to" hotel when we are in the Burlington area.

Room Tip: I've always asked for a quiet room and they have provided that to me - no complaints.