“Nice place”

Residence Inn Burlington Colchester
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Colchester
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Lots of kids and pets staying here, but it's a Residence Inn, so I suppose it's expected. We had an issue with our door - the battery died and we couldn't get into our room (after breakfast) with ANY key. Maintenance has to come and take the door down and put a new door knob in. We were inconvenienced a good hour that morning. But at least they were quick to fix it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel between Oct-21013 & May-2014, 8 months straight. It was for business reason and I held the same room for the entire duration because I could leave my belongings in the room without carrying every week back-and-forth.

Hotel is fairly new, 3-4 years old, and the appliances and furniture are fairly in good shape and clean. Every room has a good size of kitchen and you can store your food in the refrigerator and cook in the kitchen and then load the dish washer.

Hotel staff were very nice and friendly, house keepers are always on top of the cleaning, especially in the kitchen. If you have no clue how to clean your kitchen, no worry, when you come back to the room in the evening, everything is taken care of by the staff.

Since it is very close by to the ski hills, lots of families during my stay.

If your stay is business related and your sleep is important to you, make sure you stay on the top floor which is "4". Because the noise insulation is not the best and lower floors can hear the above person when they close the doors and/or when they walk in the middle of the silent nights.

I stayed on the 4th floor and at the far end corner suit unit and I had no noise problem at all.

Suit units also have fireplace and you can enjoy your stay with a glass of wine after a tiring work day.

I highly recommend this hotel for the visitors.

Room Tip: Stay on the top 4th floor to avoid hearing the noise that will interrupt your sleep. Especially EAST...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I would definitely return to this hotel. We had an amazing stay...lots for the kids to do..Pool, outside sitting air with a fire pit. Breakfast was decent. The family really enjoyed their big great room and comfortable sofa's and separate sitting sections. The court for playing basketball was very much appreciated and gave the kids an hour of entertainment.
Rooms were very nice..clean and big.

Would definitely stay there again and we will be back!

Room Tip: My room was great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for one night. The 2 bedroom suites were pretty much the same as all the Residence Inn 2 bedroom suites but on the newer side. Everything was clean and worked well. The staff was helpful in making dinner recommendations. This is a good place to stay in the Burlington area.

Room Tip: Not many restaurants close by to choose from, but many exist within a 6 mile radius.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I normally stay right in Burlington, but on a recent visit all of my usual hotels in Burlington were sold out so I tried the Residence Inn in Colchester, which is a couple of stops (5-10) minutes further north up the highway. Sometimes necessity is the mother of discovery -- I liked this place enough that I've stayed there two more times since the initial visit.

If you're visiting Burlington and want to be car free, you'll still want to stay in a hotel right in Burlington. There are some nice business-style hotels along the lake, and the Willard Street Inn (at the edge of the Champlain College campus) is awesome.

If you don't need to be right in town, though, the Residence Inn is great. It's quite new, and the rooms are fresh and clean. The suite configuration is great. When traveling with family, I especially like the 2BR suites, which let different family members keep different schedules. The 1BR and 2BR suites here are the cheapest solution in the area for having separate rooms for a family. The suites have full (not mini) kitchens, with a full-size refrigerator, full-size stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, and a good assortment of cookware and dishes. There's a big grocery store just a minute or two down the road (almost walking distance, if you take the back way), so you can stock the kitchen easily.

The layout of the rooms and bathrooms is great. My family of four was very comfortable during our stay.

The Inn has the usual open breakfast that Residence Inns typically offer, with a surprisingly good selection of hot and cold items. It's fast and efficient, with good seating. For both vacation and business trips, this is a really convenient way to get a good breakfast quickly before heading out to the days activities.

The hotel staff has been great on all three visits. Very friendly and helpful. It's really nice to be greeted by someone who seems genuinely glad to have me there as a guest.

The location of the Residence Inn is unspectacular. It's set back from the highway, so we didn't notice any traffic noise, but there's really nothing within walking distance. Having said that, it's just a very short hop over to Winooski (where Sneakers offers an outstanding brunch) and a quick drive to Burlington/UVM/Champlain.

Bottom line: For elegance, stay at the Willard Street Inn, if you want to be car free stay downtown, but for the most convenient room/dining (especially for lengthier stays), the Residence Inn is a great option.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our stay here was incredibly pleasant and I've never been so impressed by a facility and the staff. The place is spotless, beautifully maintained. The staff is outstanding. The service we received was five-star. We've stayed all over the world and this is the first time we've had a perfect hotel experience.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are not as quiet as higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel itself is nice. It does have a pool which was a little cold. Room was nice and spacious. Breakfast was alright, pretty typical. But the staff is quite simply the best I've ever encountered! Made us feel so welcome and were so understanding of our situation and really went out of their way to accommodate us. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colchester
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to Residence Inn Burlington Colchester? Share your experiences!